Apple Co-Founder: The Nexus One is My Favorite

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Go to school, work hard and then try even harder. Hoping will get you nowhere, fast.[/citation]

Yeah...that ship has sailed; hard work won't get you there anymore. You might want to get into politics so that you too can sponge off the lobbyists.

xaira

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
why are people always surprised when google makes something thet crushes the competition, theyre effing google, look at facebook, how many other social networking sites stayed on top that long?, how old is facehook anyway. google are having better ideas than you, get used to it

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]khourig[/nom]Two things:1) How the hell does he sync all of those devices?2) You hope or pray when you can't act. If I feel thirsty, I don't hope to get some water, I get up and get it.[/citation]
Actually when I am thirsty, I get up, go to kitchen and HOPE there is water in the fridge cause I don't live here alone and not everyone refills the container :) see there is a place for hope.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Go to school, work hard and then try even harder. Hoping will get you nowhere, fast.[/citation]

Go to school like Thomas Edison did...for 3 months.

It's not how hard you work, but how you work hard. It's far less effective to spend 60 hours a week at a job than 60 hours a week building a passive income (like Edison did through patents and a little company called General Electric).

Agreed with the "hoping" part though. Hoping for something to happen is just a sign of laziness and fear. You want Wozniak's income? Go get it.

anonymousdude

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
[citation][nom]blackened144[/nom]Oh, what it would be like to have that kind of disposable income.. I hope to some day know..[/citation]

Change "I hope" to "I will know" and you'll get started in the right direction. Remember that even with hard work luck still plays a part in it.

Hard Line

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
becoming successful has become more of a being in the right place at the right time than how long you went to school..( there are exceptions) for instance in the it field, I value hands on experience over technical degrees.. anyone can read a book and memorize it. however, it takes a different type of person to be able to apply what they learned and to adapt to different problems and and alter their troubleshooting techniques accordingly. I own a company and this is my basis for hiring. yes the degrees help, but they don't automatically qualify you for the job.. I'll take the guy with more hands on and no degrees over the guy with degrees and a couple years under their belt. Sorry for the long rant..

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
I was going to comment on the article but I got too annoyed by the annoying camera click noises from one of your stupid ads. Its especially pleasant when I load 10 tabs and get two or three going at once. Drop the annoying ads before your readership drops you.

Sythix

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]dheadley[/nom]What does this have to do with Wozniak, who hasn't been at Apple in a very long time? I'm a PC user all the way, but really am getting tired of all the technology sites these days turning from a source of information on new products to this very type of TMZ type reporting.[/citation]
Jane is the only one posting this crap, check out my thread on her in the site feedback on forums.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]Hard Line[/nom]becoming successful has become more of a being in the right place at the right time than how long you went to school..( there are exceptions) for instance in the it field, I value hands on experience over technical degrees.. anyone can read a book and memorize it. however, it takes a different type of person to be able to apply what they learned and to adapt to different problems and and alter their troubleshooting techniques accordingly. I own a company and this is my basis for hiring. yes the degrees help, but they don't automatically qualify you for the job.. I'll take the guy with more hands on and no degrees over the guy with degrees and a couple years under their belt. Sorry for the long rant..[/citation]

If only more people thought/hired this way... I have 13 years experience developing web sites, working in network security and doing whatever else someone brings to my desk to have created or help solve (hardware or software). Yet, my pay has been held back by my lack of degree. I kick myself in the ass for going the route of learning by doing, instead of finishing college (though when you become a single dad with sole custody at 18, it's sometimes unavoidable).. but it also makes me laugh to see these guys with degrees come in and either not know what they're doing and come to me for help, or just screwing it up royally and me fixing it afterwards. I've just always been naturally adept towards working with computers and technology in general.. helps that I was learning BASIC programming with my Vic-20 at 6 years old, I suppose. :)

Sythix

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Wow, you have a staff hate thread? I would be impressed with your bravery if it wasn't drowned out by my thinking you must have absolutely no life. I didn't realise anal-retentiveness was a career instead of just a lifestyle choice.[/citation]
A better and more meaningful life than you lead I'm sure. And it isn't a hate thread, it's a "stop posting random things thread" In the Site feedback section. Which is feedback. Now go troll somewhere else you loser.

Sythix

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]I think the point I was trying to make is why do you think this website belongs to you? They provide articles and maybe their content sucks, so if you dont like it why dont you just go to another website? Its not like the internet is short of alternatives. If your intent is to provide the site with higher quality content then maybe you should write the articles yourself and ask Toms to publish them. Im sure if the so called "random" stuff was removed then the daily list of news would be like a ghist town. Get over your own importance.[/citation]

Thus called site feedback, it's they're choice to follow it or not. Just because you deem it site worthy others may not, and Jane's random rampage needs to end. Speaking of self importance and ignorance, do you ever read what you write? You sound like a wall street bigot mind you. EndGadget has a fairly large daily news section composed of technology related information and I've been making a gradual switch to that site. I'm not going to leave here because there are some useful articles and people like marcus post good news but I'm calling out jane because of her posting and in my mind it's been malignant to the site, hence I responded to an individual also not happy about jane's posting. If I had time to write articles I would, but considering it's not my job and the fact that besides a job I have a life, I won't. And I can speak my mind freely, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.