Apple Considering EA Takeover? Yeah, Right!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerobernardo

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2006
EA + Apple... Marry Osama Bin Laden and Ahmadineijad and you won´t have such an evil organization. EA is specialized in lowering the bar to the ground in AI, They could even do it in Crysis and every one that has played any NFS knows how fisics change in order to make the game harder or you can have stock V4 cars being faster then a porsche on a straight line, instead of just spending at least 1 hour on producing a better AI. Apple? lol Their stuff looks like hello kitty branded but as expensive as a porsche. I can just wonder: Need for Speed just working with proprietary hardware. The game would cost $449,99, have 3 to 4 "kilt" cars, and an AI that the game will be rated bellow 6y old or you would own it...

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]guillotine[/nom]will there be "games for mac"?[/citation]
most games require some level of intelligence. Chances are if you're trying to game on a mac you're not intelligent, thus you wouldn't enjoy games anyway. So probably not.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]level of intelligence[/citation]
make that level of interlect!
I just got up, and in danish it's called intelligens :)

missionmom1

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Was it really necessary to use the word retarded? I'm giving you the
benefit of the doubt here but certainly you know that the word
retarded used as slang is extremely hurtful to people living with
special needs. Before I had a child with a disability, I pretty much
was like you. I don't know if I used the word but I certainly didn't
flinch when I heard it. What's the big deal, right? It is a huge
deal to people who have cognitive challenges. They get what you are
saying and they understand that you are mocking them, even if it's
unintentional.
Anyway, thank you for hearing me out.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]missionmom1[/nom]Was it really necessary to use the word retarded? I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here but certainly you know that the word retarded used as slang is extremely hurtful to people living with special needs. Before I had a child with a disability, I pretty much was like you. I don't know if I used the word but I certainly didn't flinch when I heard it. What's the big deal, right? It is a huge deal to people who have cognitive challenges. They get what you are saying and they understand that you are mocking them, even if it's unintentional.Anyway, thank you for hearing me out.[/citation]
who'r you referring to?
anyway, you've got to live with the fact that people use the word retarded in situations other than it's original purpose, and not nessecarily as an insult to someone born with a disability. It's not much different from people calling colored people black or yellow. They may not even realize that someone could find that offensive, and they certainly don't always mean it in a negative way.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]It's not much different from people calling colored people black or yellow. They may not even realize that someone could find that offensive, and they certainly don't always mean it in a negative way.[/citation]
Calling an Asian person "Yellow" is offensive. Saying "colored people" is offensive. Calling a person of relatively recent African decent "black" is not offensive.

I don't see how saying something is retarded is offensive. The definition of "retard" is:
to make slow; delay the development or progress of (an action, process, etc.); hinder or impede.

So I don't see how most usage of "retarded" is incorrect.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]Calling an Asian person "Yellow" is offensive. Saying "colored people" is offensive. Calling a person of relatively recent African decent "black" is not offensive.[/citation]
Why is colored offensive? Once upon a time, in the dark ages of the 90s, I had a colored girlfriend for a while. She wanted me to call her colored if anything, and not black the like. So how's black not offensive, and colored is? I'm a pale northern european nerd, so I can't really understand why it would be. How else would you refer to a persons skin color (assuming it is dark) if not using either of these terms? can't exactly call them 'people with considerably more color pigments than a pale northern european' or 'people with a built in tan' can you?

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
oh and I assume you consider pale offensive as well, since it's used in much the same manner as colored.

ps. add a word of your choice between 'not black' and 'the like' above. I seem to have forgotten to put one there :)

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
But I am not a pale person, so perhaps I cannot speak about how offensive it would be. But I would consider someone calling anyone "colored" to be ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.