Apple, Creative Sued Over Random Play Integration in Cars

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... no, you don't... ban patents, any patents... and help progress and innovation... i hate, that somebody thinks out a half baked idea, patents it, don't do a successful implementation, and don't give the opportunity to improve on a idea...[/citation]

just because someone isn't able to right away doesn't mean they are trying to rip someone off. most people only have the money to submit and get the patent and may not be able to implement it for many years due to things like finances. so FAIL on thinking everyone making patents are just doing it to rip people off

oh and he he did fix it

BAN APPLE, HELP PROGRESS

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
We should ship all Attorneys for a tour of Duty to Afghanistan; dressed in a white T-Shirt with a big red Target circle on it...

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
[citation][nom]synd[/nom]I... don't... want ... to live... in this world.... anymore.Eternal facepalm T_T[/citation]

You know, there is a very efficient way to solve your problem. It involves a balistic firearm, an index finger, and a direct, unimpeded trajectory to your brain.

Melodramatic posts like these need to die a quick and excrutiatingly painful death.

ihateapple9000

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
[citation][nom]guardianangel42[/nom]You know, there is a very efficient way to solve your problem. It involves a balistic firearm, an index finger, and a direct, unimpeded trajectory to your brain.Melodramatic posts like these need to die a quick and excrutiatingly painful death.[/citation]

Are you serious? You're new to the internet, aren't you?

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]link064[/nom]"The patent was initially issued in February of 2011..."Umm...prior art anyone? I'm pretty sure music players in cars with a shuffle feature has existed well before this point. Even my 2010 Elantra has one, which was put into production in 2009, and I'm absolutely certain there are older cars with the feature too.[/citation]

At least half of all software patents violate prior art, so I'm afraid "prior art" is unheard of to the USPTO.

will_chellam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]well, last year, I patented typing in the english language on the internet by using an x86 Operating System. Pay up fools.......[/citation]

I'm running x64, so bite me.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
really... shuffle already exist in my car, on my mp3, and on my phone since well before this patent, i even remember USB mp3 players being plugged into some cars, and the music on it being shuffled over the car audio via stereo controls.

how did this patent get issued? people need to start loosing jobs for fumbles like this, it helps no one but the trolls, and only serves the people holding back the industry.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]just because someone isn't able to right away doesn't mean they are trying to rip someone off. most people only have the money to submit and get the patent and may not be able to implement it for many years due to things like finances. so FAIL on thinking everyone making patents are just doing it to rip people offoh and he he did fix it BAN APPLE, HELP PROGRESS[/citation]
... ban patents... even apple patents, all patents... and let the innovation bloom... and by the way... BAN ACTA too...!!!

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
[citation][nom]guanyu210379[/nom]I am on my way patenting breathing! Next week, I will sue everyonje who is breathing![/citation]

Ha! We'll all commit suicide! So there!

Status
Not open for further replies.