Apple Decided to Delete an Entire Galaxy (and More)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Aw, cmon. The Apple pic was taken through the glare-reducing shield of Steve's personal spacecraft as it flew by M-31 on its way to Earth a few centons ago. Simple.

Archean

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
It would have been better if they simply made M31 vanish, at least it would have secured the future of milkyway.

JasonAkkerman

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
I don't like Apple or the way the do things, but this is just silly.

That image is no star chart, it's a desktop background.

This professor needs to get over himself.

G

let's call it iUniverse. A parallel Universe where's Google and Samsung do not exists, everybody uses iStuff only (iShoes, iDiapers, iToiletPapper) and wearing only white. iFull iOf iApple iFetishists i:)-D)

dread_cthulhu

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
LOL... Stevie just is really mad at Samsung right now... He just wanted to photoshop out the galaxy they took their model name from... plus some stars that offended him. It's a sad day when an irritable tech titan can go deleting stars... lol

G

to have that extra galaxy back in wallpaper, you have to pay +100 USD per picture to Steve (just like for any common and obvious function that apple states as brand new) :)

MrBig55

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
[citation][nom]Parrdacc[/nom]Don't worry I am fairly confident that Apple will try and sue over the rights and/or ownership of said galaxy[/citation]

Correction: they will fight over the rights for the original picture since it's so related to their version of it :-D

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
"It's no secret that Apple lives in its own little world. In fact, it prides itself on its closed ecosystem where it can control as much of its products as possible.

Such an approach can lead to a very cohesive, but directed, user experience, which isn't always a bad thing."
I can only think of bad things coming from over-control.
User experience? It's like they're all sleeping with the same... ahem, you get the point.

bobbyp86

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
[citation][nom]leandrodafontoura[/nom]This is artwork, it does not need to be real life[/citation]

Yep, it's just a cool background picture. Nobody's claiming it to be scientifically accurate, get over it!

G

I don't care if Apple removes items from a background picture, but it's just the parallel between Apple wanting to get rid of the Samsung Galaxy devices and it actually removing a Galaxy from a picture that makes this a fun topic.
So as far as I am concerned, I think it's fun! And it's even more fun when everybody starts getting creative when they are placing a comment...
So nobody has to get over anything... we should all just have a laugh (Apple lovers and otherwise) an get on with our lives ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.