Apple Deleting Posts About Consumer Reports

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teeebs

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
Shhh....no more negativity about the iPhone.....might drive a few more of those poor Foxconn workers over the edge ..... litterally....:O

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]duckmanx88[/nom]any other company would issue a recall by now. i dont think the media is doing enough to push apple towards one. at least a voluntary one for the unsatisfied.[/citation]

Free bumbers would solve it. It's not like they cost Apple much money. Probably 50 cents cost, a buck at most. (Even though they sell them to consumers at $30). If they had just done this from the start, it would have been solved immediately and they wouldn't have so many bad reviews and they wouldn't have this consumer report against them.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
lets hear it for totalitarian control! Funny thing is the average apple voter is probably in favor of having some government bureaucrat bend them over and give them a proctology exam with a wooden bat... I mean they are used to taking it from apple already so they want everyone else to go through it on a daily basis from the feds so we can suffer with them.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
So, apple goes to new lows to sell its crap: They don't let the people even know about their faults and thwart communication. So, what next? Banning the creators of those Consumer Reports posts from their forums permanently?

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I ran across this same kind of attitude with Frogster America, Runes of Magic. They would delete any and every post not to their liking. Well, I know they lost a lot of money over it, and a lot of fan base to an otherwise enjoyable mmo experience. Someday individuals will learn they cannot control the opinions of others, no matter how hard they want to.

dtm4trix

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
What else is new? Apple has a problem with a device and what do they do? Admit and fix it? Hell no! They blame the user and deny there is ever a problem. If that doesn't work they delete any thread about it or hide their heads in the sand and hope the problem will go away.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
at this point they would be exceedingly smart to do a redesign of the antenna and possibly even offer a fix for consumers whom have already purchased the phone. At this point they are pushing the limits of consumer blow-back.

HappyBB

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
Shame on Apple! Instead of taking the responsibility and fix the problem, they choose to hide and ignore it. What a responsible company! I count you out of my support.

pojih

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
not going to lie, I am not an apple fanboy. My girlfriend owns a mac, and she loves it - more power to her.

However, it seems that Apple has drawn a line, with the customers on the opposite side.

Its too bad because competition has and will be the best thing for consumers, but if Apple refuses it...

teodoreh

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
First it was the unique 6502.
Then it was the unique 680xx
After that, it was the unique PPC
And now, it's the - not so unique - x86, with no so unique PCIe VGAs like PCs, with no so unique disks and RAM.

Apple is being deceiving its customers for decades. In the old days, they called it "unique design and custom chips". When PC world totally dominated in performance, they forced to adapt by building a beautiful PC, running a custom OS, and by advertising their software genius.

Apple is not unique. It's far from unique. If they want to sell something different, they should BUILD something different.

G

Apple has some pretty good engineers, but their operations are making some bad calls. Their integrity as a whole is now in question. It really is just too bad, too bad...

groveborn

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
To those who already dislike Apple as a company, this is like a smoking gun, a nail in the coffin, or whatever other device you want to use...

In truth, it's a very minor problem solved very easily by many inexpensive solutions. The first and least expensive for eveyone is to not hold it in such a way that causes signal loss. Failing in that, a piece of scotch tape, nearly invisible on the device would work. Probably clear nail polish would do the trick. How about that ghost armor stuff? Lots of people will get that stuff anyway.

Sure, a free bumper from Apple would also be nice, I'd really expect that really soon. Still, this won't hurt them a bit. Not even a little. I would seriously doubt there will be a recall over this. Now, if batteries start exploding, sure... there could be a recall.

Apple has some bad business practices, but they have some pretty devices out there. You know, if you look at signs concerning loud music, it's not a boom box anymore, it's a ipod. Think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS