Apple Dismisses iPhone Tracking But Will Fix It

Status
Not open for further replies.

tranzz

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
2. Then why is everyone so concerned about this?
Users are confused, ...

They bought apple products, of course they are confused :)

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[apple customer]I guess apple is maybe tracking my behavior. But I guess that's kind of like putting all my info on facebook, right? I guess I don't really care, because with apple, the real payoff is when I can walk into a crowded room and pull out a device people know I dropped $500-$800 on. They are so impressed with me. Whatever.[/apple customer]

G

[citation][nom]tranzz[/nom]2. Then why is everyone so concerned about this?Users are confused, ...They bought apple products, of course they are confused[/citation]

Did you just... like... jump out of bed, log onto Tomshardware and find the first Apple related news story to troll? I mean, I'm guessing it must be one of those '5 a day' sort of things you people have to achieve, like fruit and veg?

tranzz

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Did you just... like... jump out of bed, log onto Tomshardware and find the first Apple related news story to troll? I mean, I'm guessing it must be one of those '5 a day' sort of things you people have to achieve, like fruit and veg?

It's not a dig at apple users. I can't believe a company could refer to peoples concers as "confused". Confusion is the inablity to put information togeter in a coherent manner. Musunderstanding would have been a more sensible word.

Confused:–verb (used with object), -fused, -fus·ing. :to fail to distinguish between; associate by mistake;

filthyoptimizer

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
The iPhone is not logging your location. Rather, it's maintaining a database of Wi-Fi hotspots and cell towers around your current location...

I've got to remember that one next time I go to court for stalking. "Your honor, I wasn't logging her location. I was just maintaining a databases of things near her current location."

I own an iPhone and I don't care who you are or what product you prefer, this should be hilarious. It's not really the fact that they were security boneheads and had a privacy hole in their system. That's bad but nobody's perfect and other phones are suspected to have similar problems. It's the ridiculous denial of an obvious problem or shortcoming.

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
[citation][nom]pirateboy[/nom]never mind about the tracking, i want one of those humancentipads !![/citation]
Well, you will have to be the 2nd one in line. I've been camping out all week for that thing! :D

pelov

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
[citation][nom]filthyoptimizer[/nom]I've got to remember that one next time I go to court for stalking. "Your honor, I wasn't logging her location. I was just maintaining a databases of things near her current location."I own an iPhone and I don't care who you are or what product you prefer, this should be hilarious. It's not really the fact that they were security boneheads and had a privacy hole in their system. That's bad but nobody's perfect and other phones are suspected to have similar problems. It's the ridiculous denial of an obvious problem or shortcoming.[/citation]

The data was logged as a timestamped longitude and latitude number.

[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]Ooo an Apple story, time for the droidfags to post some epic lolz.[/citation]

Android does it too, and so does Win7phone, but windows only logs the current location (so only 1 location) and android actually notifies you when it's doing it as well as being much harder to get to.

It's not like people just started hating on apple, my friend. I've been hating on apple since the turn of the century. Their whole OS is stolen, they sell at inflated prices and gild their products in a white plastic shell. I also don't own an android, wp7 nor an iphone :)

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]tranzz[/nom]2. Then why is everyone so concerned about this?Users are confused, ...They bought apple products, of course they are confused[/citation]

mom wants a tablet, so got the ipad 2 because not only is it cheap (comparitivly speaking) but it also allows us to play games on it too (exclusive games).

confused, it wouldnt be my number 1 choice, but we were not confused when we got it.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]Ooo an Apple story, time for the droidfags to post some epic lolz.[/citation]

Ooo an Apple story, time for the fruitfans to start flamebaiting a until-this-point flame free commments section.

Seriously, grow the f up. There's a reason non-Apple users dislike Apple so intently. There's a reason Apple users love the brand so intently.

How about you try to show the world that Apple consumers aren't brainless sheep by STOPPING with the purile comments?

Oh, and "dearest comrade" stopped being an insult after the age of 6.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
[citation][nom]blubbey[/nom]Why did it take them so long to come up with an answer?[/citation]
They had to clear it through the Obozo regime since they were keeping it for them, the FEDS who think they own you. You are a surf to the government.

stingertja

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
[Waves His Hand] "These aren't the droids you looking for"

[Apple Waves There Press Release] "We do not track your location"

chronicbint

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
[citation][nom]LePhuronn[/nom]Ooo an Apple story, time for the fruitfans to start flamebaiting a until-this-point flame free commments section.Seriously, grow the f up. There's a reason non-Apple users dislike Apple so intently. There's a reason Apple users love the brand so intently.How about you try to show the world that Apple consumers aren't brainless sheep by STOPPING with the purile comments?Oh, and "dearest comrade" stopped being an insult after the age of 6.[/citation]

You prove the point perfectly. Well done. :)

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
[citation][nom]pirateboy[/nom]never mind about the tracking, i want one of those humancentipads !![/citation]

LMAO one of the best South Park episodes ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.