Apple Ending the iPhone 4 Free Case Program

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]awood28211[/nom]Continuing to downplay the issue. I'm curious if someone is denied a bumper and then can't place an 911 call in a low signal area because of the Antenna...how Apple will handle being sued.[/citation]
They will probably blame AT&T for having cr@ppy service lol.

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Are moderators not watching these comments / forums? I understand spammers can make multiple accounts, but at least try to ban by IP address or something. Sheesh.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
[citation][nom]StpudityRules[/nom]i take it you brought a toyota to be informed on the stuck accelerator issue....[/citation]
How about ... I bought one and the issue is real but minor for me. My testing, my usage, my data. So I guess I'm talking to phantom people and draw data out of thin air when you tell me that it doesn't work because you read about it?
This discussion is pointless anyway. It makes you feel good to rant against it, while it makes me feel good that my "investment" works for me. Defensive? Maybe, but not having to buy all the apps again helps my budget. Really, what's wrong with it if it works in my application? (Other than blind opposition.)

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
A small percentage of iPhone 4 users need a case

Ok what do you consider a "small percentage?"
Does this include those who ordered the bumper after you offered the free bumpers, or does it also include those who already bought one and need a refund?
My wife's friend had to wait almost 4 weeks by snail mail to get hers... Maybe that is why some people aren't ordering from you Apple...

freename

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
Heh, a small percentage? Whats that? 2%? 5%?
How many iPhone 4's did you manage to sell, Apple?
Seems like a lot of people might have had (are still having?) issues..

G

@theuerkorn

It's nice that the iPhone 4 works for you, i dont think thats the issue, the issue here is that there are people out there where the iPhone 4 doesn't work for them, there is a problem with the iPhone 4 and you really can't say there isn't just because someone didn't buy an iPhone 4 and becuase it works perfectly for you (albiet it with a case)

in short the iPhone 4 has a problem, which will still be there after september 30, people are just going have to pay to get the workaround for it

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
I'm not an apple troll. I went back and forth between the Evo and the IPhone 4 (iP4). I've@ had 2xEvos and am on my. 2nd iP4 (there was nothing wrong with the first one...just wanted to try the Evo).

I don't deny there may be some flaw in the antennae design of the iP4 but I'm right-handed and can't really imagine not putting a case on my phone (I tried, but the thought that it might not stay in new condition because I didn't use a case freaked me out...I'm like that with my stuff).

Apple is not saint of a company...they seem arrogant. ...but I do like their hardware. There, I said it. I actually like the iP4 and iOS more than the Evo and Android/HTC Sense UI ...and the Evo is a nice phone.

I think they blew the antennae thing way out of proportion (only because I don't know anyone who has had the issue)... I guess that makes me a...what are they calling it now? ..."a mindless sheep".

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
[citation][nom]theuerkorn[/nom]Whatever floats your boat. I take it you actually have an iPhoine4 to be that informed?[/citation]

I know somebody who does have an iphone 4. And, just like they used to talk about, holding it over the line on the left side of the phone works like a charm... calls will more than likely drop. The gel skin for the side of the phone does its job and does it well. That, and it really makes it feel more solid. Apple should really just make the gel skin a pack in accessory. It can't be all that expensive to provide, but it does make a big difference.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
Jobs: ok we have sold 10 million iphone 4's now how many folks have the reception issue ?

Employee: about 1 million people

Jobs: 1 million is only 10 percent of of 10 million , that'sasmall percentage.

Employee: but sir 1 milion people are a lot of people ... dont you think it's a bit dishonest to call that a small percentage and dicontinue giving free cases to cover the problem ?

Jobs: I'm GOD!!!! if i say it is a small percentage Its a small percentage !!! oh and YOUR FIRED !!! I AM GOD!!!

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]awood28211[/nom]Continuing to downplay the issue. I'm curious if someone is denied a bumper and then can't place an 911 call in a low signal area because of the Antenna...how Apple will handle being sued.[/citation]
Just hold it right while making the 911 call, will you?

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
So they continue selling faulty phones, but they end the band-aid solution.

In essence, Apple gave a big F.U. to every buyer of iPhone4 after Sept. 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.