Apple Has More Cash Than The U.S. Government

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinfulpotato

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
Who cares, Carlos Silm is a human being who has $74 billion. Bill Gates has $56 Billion.

Microsoft does a lot more with its money that helps the world, Apple feeds on peoples ignorance.

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
Anyone has more cash than the US government! Even me!
US government has a debt so large no one can tip it! (13 trillion dollars, for those who don't know what that means, it means that every single being of the ~310 million people livingin the USA would be paying about $40.000 to the government to pay back their government's debt!

So this article is kind of moot...

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
whether it will return some of the money to investors (unlikely), whether it will buy Barnes & Noble as pointed out by BGR (even less likely), whether Steve Jobs will buy new clothes and retire his black shirt and stone-washed jeans (also less likely), whether it will invest it in its own resources to expand its business range to include more products such as TVs (likely) or simply let the money sit and use it when it needs to (also likely.)
/fixed

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Well, when you let an American company like Apple outsource it's manufacturing to China to let them build your products and steal American jobs in spite of terrible working conditions and possible human rights violations, and then turn around and sell these Apple products for a 600% markup on the actual cost, you can see why Apple is so profitable and why the US Government is in trouble.

Maybe Apple could contract American companies to make their products? Maybe help out the US economy for once? Maybe help put a dent in the unemployment rate here?

(Not just picking on Apple BTW, although they are the richest of the bunch. Microsoft, Google, AMD-ATI, Nvidia, Intel all do the same thing and it's all hurts the US economy while boosting their own profits.)

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
If Apple was the US Government, we'd all be driving the same kind of car, the same kind of house and be told what to do and when to do it and how much to pay for it...., sound familiar folks? Wake up mac folks.

obiown77

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
The Rothschilds have Trillions. Through their corrupt banking system they have robbed countries including the U.S. lol, where do you think all the interest goes? multitudes of investors? I think not. Let not forget David Rockefeller either, no where near the Rothschilds, but way more then apple MS and other combined.

The elite have ALL the money. I say we take it from them, and throw them in Gitmo.

gamebrigada

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
[citation][nom]whysobluepandabear[/nom]Well what do you expect? These days, we have to CON ways to take money from Americans. Apple only has to convince them this shiny, white object will somehow make them cooler. I know someone who is going to school for something computers. I thought surely it was for iOS or some type of editing or rendering etc...why? Because they spent $2,000 on a Macbook Pro (13"). I almost SHIT a brick. No, nothing special is in this laptop hardware wise. I held my tongue, because I honestly was about to call her a retard, tell her to return it (if she could) and buy something MUCH better. For $2,000, you can get a SERIOUS beefy laptop.[/citation]

Don't hit on apple's laptops, they don't do that bad with them. Its a quality product and the specs you get aren't so bad if you go for the lower range of laptops. The 2 grand one, I bet you can find a few things that were a bit overpriced. But included in that price is apples warranty, the ability to repair it just by going to an apple store, and their quality.

Quick check on quality.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/sys/2519433983.html
Find me a 6 year old PC laptop that 1. still works 2. still has a price 3. still has people that want to buy it.

weaselsmasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
Seize Apple just because it knows how to run a business?

Russia tried something amazingly like that in 1917. Wishing for the good old days, are you?

G

"all thanks goes to the republicans and tea baggers if that happens"

You need thank the New Dealers and the Great Society democrats and the spend-thrift, big government NeoCons who spent the US into oblivion before griping about a faction of the conservative base reminding you that the US needs to live within it's means. You are advocating for is another line of credit after maxing out your prior lines before squaring them.

Neither liberal utopias or global empires are feasible when the money is not available to sustain them.

kyee7k

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
When did we go from electronics companies and liquidity to anti-government/anti(pro)-Obama/anti-Republican rant?
These companies, especially Apple (even though I have an EnV3), make great products, which make those shareholders very wealthy. They deserve the credit for taking incredible risks.

Also, wow IBM used to be THE computer/electronics company back in my day. My how the mighty have fallen.

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]jacekring[/nom]For $2,000 you can get a top of the line Alienware laptop with an i7 processor, 8 gigs of ram and SLI (or Crossfire) video cards....in a LAPTOP....(1 hour battery time on standby, about 20 minutes playing....)[/citation]
Really? I want to see this laptop. I just went to alienware and apple and built somewhat similar laptops. The alienware cost $300 more for a GTX 460M over a 6750M in the apple...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS