Apple, HTC Corp., Research In Motion All Get Sued

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Its funny how these people wait till a company is at its prime to sue thm for a patent theyve held and known of for years. What exactly were the patents.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
What a great patent system, register a generic patent and screw the natural evolution of hardware. Thought the patent system was made to encourage the development of new tech not the other way around....

MeanSquare

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
Part of the determination should be whether the owner of the patent has engaged in reasonable protection of its intellectual property (just as it is in trademark and copyright law). The key element I see is the term " Intellectual Property Consultants." I think that's the new name for former ambulance chasers.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I should get a patent for "A device made of organic components that utilizes selectively transmissive linings to exchange CO2 and O2 molecules"

Then I could sue everyone who has a lung and charge a per breath royalty fee. I'll make billions! MWHAHAHAHA

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
m$ and apple... and to a lesser extent RIM and HTC... with thier combined wealth they shoudlld just make all the execs in St. Claire dissappear then see if they keep pursuing this kind of crap

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
Well, I for one, can't get enough of these exciting patent suits!

On a serious note, maybe the government will become aware of the number of them and actually decide to make some policy geared towards making the patent system a little less vague and convoluted. The only way it will happen is if these huge corporations keep on getting sued. That way, they will get annoyed enough to lobby politicians, and the politicians will bring it up, and the public won't care, but eventually there will be enough money in the pipeline to force a change. God, I love America.

G

patents ---> way to slow down the progress and earn more money.....

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
It's not just patent lawsuits, it's lawsuits in general here in the US. Everyone sues everyone else for everything. We really need the government to step in and put an end to this. Lawsuits used to be a measure of last resort. Now they're being used as another source of income (and in the case of the RIAA, intentionally destroying lives). I can't be the only one who is tired of this lawsuit roulette.

[citation][nom]vishnusivathej[/nom]patents ---> way to slow down the progress and earn more money.....[/citation]

Well said, except for the slow down of progress and probably the negative way you mean that.

How many companies would try to develop anything new if they knew that soon as it came out it can be copied by anyone else? Or even before it's released some employee sells the blueprints to a competitor?

And if you have not noticed in the last few hundred years, companies that invent things usually do it to earn more money. I think that's why I go to work actually, now that I think about. I suppose I can just share my expertise and training for free with everyone else around me so THEY can make money instead.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
And these kind of companies should be sued for being against humanity`s progress ... why do they even permit them to keep ideeas that they don`t want to implement and they don`t want to let others use it. Stupid patent system is stupid.

fobnicat

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
Was it not Bill Gates who attempted to patent binary code or was it just numbers 0 and 1? This was about 7 or 8 years ago. I should really dig up that article...

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]Its funny how these people wait till a company is at its prime to sue thm for a patent theyve held and known of for years. What exactly were the patents.[/citation]
Not funny, it's by design. The Patent Trolls do this to maximize the amount of damages they sue for. The whole thing is a scam and joke, the patent system is so incredibly broken these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.