Apple iPhone HD/4G Ads to Show Video Chat?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]eeide[/nom]Do you have AT&T? I have had AT&T for the last 5 years or so and have never had more of a problem then anyone else. I am near the Denver, CO area and at my house Sprint and Verizon both have lots of problems, can't even talk longer then 15 minutes on a call with them. Cell network coverage various so much by area that you can't really go by people who just post that X Cell services sucks. I also am in a different city about every weekend and never have problems with AT&T. Was just in NY City couple weeks back no issues, Seattle, Portland, I goto San Diego and San Francisco about every other week and nope not an issue there. Phoenix and Flagstaff are always GREAT and in Page, AZ . Even I was backpacking in the Lost Creek Wilderness and was startled when my phone rang and I could answer it! This was from my iPhone and my Tilt 2. Also, I have an AT&T 3G USB Modem that consistently pulls around 4-7mbps! I have even ran several Xbox 360s off of that modem with nice latency using a Cradlepoint Cell Router.[/citation]

No I dont have att. The reason is they dont cover Nebraska except for Omaha and Lincoln. What I do have thought are friends, and family outside of Nebraska who are on att. The point? I cant carry a conversation with them because of dropped calls. I start to, but after the 3rd drop, I dont call them back.
[citation][nom]V8VENOM[/nom]Don't be sad for these Microsoft fanboys ... looks like Apple has finally overtaken Microsoft: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/27/ [...] le.html?hpTry not to cry you Microsoft leg humpers.I think now is the time, I say "I told you so". Wait until Apples starts in on the business market with HUGE support from Intel.And does Tom's show this article, naaah, not a word. Geeez TG, maybe now you'll have some forums covering Mac's, iPods, iPads, iPhones ... there is a ton of tech (including mods) for all these devices that have gone untouched at TG. Makes me wonder??[/citation]

Wow, so they think apple will be more successful then Microsoft. Thats going to be hard when Microsoft is bringing in twice the revenue. (from same article). Its also going to be tough when Android (you know the phone that is going to kick apples a$$) has a couple more years, I mean months to get a foothold. (oh wait it already does more than the iphone). Steve Jobs made apple. Steve Jobs will kill apple. Buy not adopting important standards. Every one thinks that he is waiting for html5 to come out for streaming video. Think again. He didnt do flash because it would compete with itunes video rentals. You are nuts if you think he is going to do html 5 for video.

candrwhite

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]Spoken like a true peecee fanboi. Please, do tell us all, which peecee manufacturer offers a laptop made from an aluminum unibody chassis? Oh, right. None of them. Peecee laptops are all made of shitty black plastic.[/citation]

Always love the morons that have to try to be internet bad boys by purposefully misspelling things as a supposed insult. "peecee", how cute. You can go over to the corner and join those tards shouting "crApple", "Linsux", "and "Windoze". When you mature, join the adult table.

candrwhite

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]tokenz[/nom]Wow, so they think apple will be more successful then Microsoft. Thats going to be hard when Microsoft is bringing in twice the revenue. (from same article). [/citation]

With the 30+% markup Apple makes on everything they sell, not to mention the profits they make on repairs... Well, let's just say I'd rather own Apple stock than an Apple product. I'll just thank the Apple fanboys for raising my stock value.

brianmoz

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
this phone is going to be awesome you guys are being ridiculous. I wont use video chat cuz i dont think it simulates much of anything but there will be plenty who love the feature. maybe they will have a chat roulet ap so people can show their junk on the go

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]candrwhite[/nom]With the 30+% markup Apple makes on everything they sell, not to mention the profits they make on repairs... Well, let's just say I'd rather own Apple stock than an Apple product. I'll just thank the Apple fanboys for raising my stock value.[/citation]

Even with that they still make a little over a third of what Microsoft is bringing in in profit. So go buy your Apple stock. Microsoft will still make more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.