APPLE is just a PC with great marketing and a great OS..

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
They are already using 'PC parts'. They just have their LCD's, speakers, headsets, and cases modified by second party companies and rebrand it "apple". Their prices are exhuberent. Their customer service is average, their OS is solid, but their marketing is great. Apple has become Apple but no less than SOny has become Sony to the world of electronics, just one of the guys. So why do we see Apple as a different entity as when compared to Dell? Their Aura? I guess their OS is their trump card then if we cannot easily answer my question...

In my opinion their time is up in the PC field and they are basically an OS maker now with the full support of their stand alone peripherals and "I-line." Besides that they are a glorified DELL, ASUS, IBM, or even Gigabyte that makes a great OS. Even SONY and Samsung are basically like APPLE but they just dont have a great OS yet.

If these companies were going to spend alot of their budget on marketing, a decent and acceptable OS, and some great Mp3 players, then the integration between products, marketing AND a good OS with customer support, then we will have another "APPLE".

ONE THING TO BE SAID "DO NOT COMPARE AN APPLE TO A PC, ITS JUST A COMPANY WITH A GOOD SOFTWARE, ITS BASICALLY A PC NOW"

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
Yeah, but they do make some nice products, and I gotta admit they have good support for my work. Speaking as an Apple certified tech. That said, personally, I think I will build my pc's, as I can get a lot more hardware for my $$.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

real smug

I was getting to the point that Apple doesnt get an as much attention as a PC does on TOMS or other PC magazines and sites because ppl think its a different catgory by itself, but in fact APPLE is just another PC or IBM"compatible". Haha.

The "I-line" is going to kill APPLE's computer department eventually... and make the personal truly mobile personal cpu....

amdfangirl

Distinguished
Herald
Apr 7, 2008

Not really. Was just a joke at the time.

Used to advocate 45W processors at one point.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

Only 35% Youd think Apple would be able to squeeze out more out of their 'designs'. Oh well I guess they make enough out of their liscensing agreements, exclusive peripherals, and 'in-house' batteries, as well as their overpriced services and insurance...... tsk tsk..... they are truly aspiring to be like Mircosoft in this respect....

aford10

Distinguished

There is a Mac OSX section, ipad, and ipod subsections. If you've read the news articles, there have been a lot dedicated to Apple products.

I think they get their due.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I still think the Zune HD and Microsofts upcoming mobile phone has a fighting chance, they just need a strong and agressive marketing team and easy to make apps....