Apple Job Listing Points to 3D for iOS Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

gshauger

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
And despite the fact that Nintendo already pulled this off Apple fans will once again credit Apple with inventing something

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]That is indeed a major breakthrough. Apple once again proves that it is about innovation and magical discovery.[/citation]
I seriously hope you are being sarcastic.

beetlejuicegr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
What are you talking about?
3D on mobile/tablets displays? done already, by LG for example
3D in general? made since 1930 (give take a decade)
3D maps? made by google

One thing apple does good, and it's not innovation exactly, it is the ability/skill/wisdom to take innovations and promote them at a level which a simple consumer (blond housewife) will understand it and use it and feel clever :p

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
I can see it now:

"We've done it again. Meet the new iPhone with it's revolutionary 3D display like never before"

Damn, I should work for apple's marketing team

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]That is indeed a major breakthrough. Apple once again proves that it is about innovation and magical discovery.[/citation]

Please tell me that's sarcasm..
3D has already been done on devices like the 3DS and one of LG's 3D Android phones.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I give you my thumbs up. I don't need the /sarcasm tag to understand it.
In this day, no apple fanboy would use 'magical'. It is a self-kick-in-the-ass type of word if used seriously. Similar to 'holding it wrong'.
I bet those who initially gave you thumbs down are, in fact, the apple fanboys themselves.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
And fanboys will claim that 3D displays were invented by Apple; just like Apple invented the mp3 player and yes, the infamous retina display that no one who knows about displays wants, including Apple's retina display manufacturer, Samsung. Sad commentary on technology.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]And fanboys will claim that 3D displays were invented by Apple; just like Apple invented the mp3 player and yes, the infamous retina display that no one who knows about displays wants, including Apple's retina display manufacturer, Samsung. Sad commentary on technology.[/citation]
Well according to Jobs himself Sony Ericsson had a phone with retina display long before Apple launched the iPhone 4 and coined the term retina display.

Status
Not open for further replies.