Apple Makes Huge Changes in iOS 7; Skeuomorphism Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Ok so to save resources first they cut back on the display details so they could afford to multitask. For the rest of the 'improvements' I hope you can disable them if they get annoying. It seems like the trend for MSW and iOS is toward selling you something from the net/cloud based on your habits/likes. Seems like more details for the NSA.

nitrium

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Basically this is Apple's attempt at playing "catch up" with the more advanced features Android/Windows Phone have offered for ages. I'm sure Apple fanboi's will scream "innovative", but factually it really isn't anything of the sort.

Major_Trouble

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
Yes it has elements of more recent Android builds but is that a bad thing? The very useful Data Center for starters is almost a direct rip off but makes both OS's much easier to use. It's when the idiots litigate against each other over stupid stuff like icons with rounded corners it get pathetic. Leave them be making the best products they can even if they copy a little.

Major_Trouble

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
Yes it has elements of more recent Android builds but is that a bad thing? The very useful Data Center for starters is almost a direct rip off but makes both OS's much easier to use. It's when the idiots litigate against each other over stupid stuff like icons with rounded corners it get pathetic. Leave them be making the best products they can even if they copy a little.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
You mean it looks like apple swiped more than a few things from BB10. BBM video calls does voice only caalls, seems facetime added that one, control center is knock of on BB10 settings swipe down, which brings back to more points apple seems it's going the rough of "gestures" based OS , like BB10 where navigation, multitasking, etc is all about the swipe.

Spooderman

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
I don't like iFail devices in the least, but I have to admit the iOS looks kinda nice. That's not enough for me to forgive the phone, mind you, but it looks much better than it did.

darkpuppet

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013
might want to get mommy or daddy to look over your posts before publishing. That was a hard read (I won't mention the fan-boy flavouring).

Status
Not open for further replies.