Apple May Give Up "Thermonuclear War" With Android

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

testerguy

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Yet the Android phone that sell the most is the Samsung Galaxy S2, then comes the Galaxy S, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Desire HD and the Galaxy Note. I wouldn't call them a prepaid 80 bucks phone.It's highly unlikely, if not impossible, for a single android phone to surpass the iPhone because of the wide portfolio of phones available. The market share of the iPhone would have to drop bellow 9% for that to happen.[/citation]

Stop 'smoking crack'. Don't confuse the metric looking at which phone sold the best, with anything related to the average price of the handset. The 'premium' Android handsets you listed make up some of the Android marketplace, and they are mostly cheaper than the iPhone anyway.

Every other sale of any Android handset is a cheaper model and therefore lowers that average price - which has very much to do with why Android gained so much traction. You're simply in denial if you don't recognise that. It's exactly why the iPhone 3GS and 4 have been so successful even recently due to their price decreases, and why iOS pulled back on Android - it was the low end purchases.

It's a pointless discussion anyway, Android is not a company, it's barely a thing because each manufacturer has to create their own version which takes months for some. Android is simply not an entity - each actual company is coming nowhere close to Apples success.

testerguy

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]It's highly unlikely, if not impossible, for a single android phone to surpass the iPhone because of the wide portfolio of phones available. The market share of the iPhone would have to drop bellow 9% for that to happen.[/citation]

Apple managed it, in exactly the same market.

All you're saying is that Android manufacturers suck because they aren't able to differentiate themselves through sufficient innovation.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]testerguy[/nom]Which Windows Mobile, specifically, are you claiming had a full HTML browser before the iPhone came out? Please also name the Nokia device, which also had a FULL HTML browser. Good luck with that, 'crack head'.I'm sorry you didn't understand the wheel analogy. Still. The point is that just because touch screen phones existed, doesn't mean they existed in the same form as we understand hem to be today. Which applies to the awful older phones you try to excuse the differences of because they are old. That doesn't take anything away from what Apple achieved.[/citation]
Nokia the Communicator 9210 had full html support. HTML 4.01, CSS, Javascript, XHTML, XML they were all present, including Flash 5, and it was launched in 2000. I won't even bother to mention other phones from Nokia because there are much more.
The Pocket Internet Explorer 4 supported HTML 4.01, CSS, Javascript, DHTML and was launched in 2001.

The wheel analogy is flawed, because the wheel is a component of the automobile and not the automobile in itself. However the first automobile was created by Ferdinand Verbiest in the 1670's. But just because for all intents and purposes is a mediocre vehicle, to say the least, when compared to today's cars and even use a different type of powertrain (steam) doesn't change the fact that he was the one who invented it. And at the time it was a wonderful invention that paved way to the cars we have today. Of course this doesn't take the credit from today's manufacturers in their constant improvements to their cars.

Now apply this analogy to smartphones.

Also I never took credit from Apple, and I'm very happy they entered the phone market. The smartphone market at the time was stifled, and Apple brought a freshness that was desperately lacking. This is why I bought the first iPhone, and without a doubt in terms a fell and ease of use it was way ahead of the competition. You should also be happy that Android exists because competition is good for the development of a platform. Or else you get a frozen market like it was before the iPhone, where the competitors were basically happy with the customers they had and competition was almost nonexistent.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]testerguy[/nom]Apple managed it, in exactly the same market.All you're saying is that Android manufacturers suck because they aren't able to differentiate themselves through sufficient innovation.[/citation]
Apple is in the same market but with a completely different business model. As of today if you want a iOS device you only have one manufacturer and three options. If you want an Android phone one manufacturer alone has way more than three devices to choose and the are a large number of manufacturers available. They all use the same base OS so it's impossible for a single phone to differentiate itself from the rest enough to reach the iPhone. This is why I stated that the iPhone market share would have to drop bellow 10% for one single android phone to stand a change in beating it. Apple tries to win market share by a more unified experience, while Google model tries to reach the same goal with a huge diversity. Also keep in mind that the market share of the iPhone includes all iPhones. I've never seen a study that separates all iPhones to have a clue at what their shares are.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]scuba dave[/nom]Willard, your example is kind of invalid man. As is referenced in your excerpt by the (Exs) they physically had examples, etc, in front of them. Without physically being there, your excerpt is rather useless. Context clues can be absolutely everything here. Do you have a valid video source? I can wait.Your joking right? I can go to walmart, and get a cheapo android based prepaid for sub 80 bucks. Android phones are THE baston of cheap phones. Yes, there are some rather tempting high end ones, but the majority? Cheap garbage. The free nature of the OS helps manufacturers save money designing their own OS, and yet they base their pricing scheme on Apple, and they are still losing. And yes, before you can say,"But Android sells more per day than Apple!".. I know that. Still, invalid. They sell more through the "lower end" of the market. How many of the high end Androids are "flying" off the shelves? They aren't(average) and it's not going to change any time soon.Android is nothing more than a gimmick for the modern couch potato, or extreme techie, so that they can rally behind their perceived awesomeness, so blinded by the term "open source", that they can't tell that the execution of Android is hardly open, that practically everything they bash Apple for, they do on Android(but under a different name/term), and with all the money the manufacturers "saved"...they still end up with a phone that, to this date, still hasn't de-throned the iphone on the most important scale of all. Individual phone vs Individual phone. They haven't, and they probably never will (based on their tract record). With such an abysmal marketplace(appstore), extremely slow updates(i don't care what the reason.. S.L.O.W. is the answer.), quickly outdated and very quickly un-supported, Lower App Quality(third party reference I know, but it is part of the "android" experience), Lower app support, Sub-par device performance(1 gigahertz or 1 terahertz.. I don't care. Performance/experience > Specs.)....etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.I could go on and on. Android, in essense, is a fantastic idea. In execution, it's pathetic(for now. Hopefully that can/will change), and makes it's most devote fans just as sheepish as "isheep" that they insult so... haha... Religiously. Pot..Kettle. Or in this case.. iSheep..Droidfag. Pick your flavor... but you're all still nuts.[/citation]

The top Androids and the iPhones have been trading spots as the fastest with the Androids usually winning for a while now. Until the 4S, the iPhones usually had inferior hardware and running any heavy enough apps showed that with ease, especially emulation/VM apps. I wouldn't call Android pathetic in execution right now. Many of the earlier phones weren't great (I still have a Samsung Transform and wouldn't recommend it to anyone), but I can say that the Evo 4G is a great phone. It isn't even one of the faster Androids because it only has a single core CPU at 1GHz (if I remember correctly, a Snapdragon from Qualcomm).

GHz is not a definitive measure of performance. Performance is a blend of the clock rate, core count, software/OS support for multiple cores (android has this), IPC, and more. Performance is much easier to measure through benchmarks and tests than looking at the hardware specs because of the incredible complexity of processors and software today.

Not all of the Android phones are slow with OS updates either. Many of them are slow with updates and that most certainly is a problem (as is the current hardware fragmentation, but that problem is supposed to be heavily improved with Jelly Bean), but my Evo 4G is running ICS now (and has been for some time) and and before ICS, it ran Gingerbread almost from the start of Gingerbread being released.

testerguy

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Nokia the Communicator 9210 had full html support. HTML 4.01, CSS, Javascript, XHTML, XML they were all present, including Flash 5, and it was launched in 2000. I won't even bother to mention other phones from Nokia because there are much more.[/citation]

This phone didn't support javascript.

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]
The Pocket Internet Explorer 4 supported HTML 4.01, CSS, Javascript, DHTML and was launched in 2001.[/citation]

This didn't support javascript.

The wheel analogy is flawed, because the wheel is a component of the automobile and not the automobile in itself. [/citation]

What you describe as 'flawed' is exactly why it's EXACTLY correct. Just like the TOUCH SCREEN is a 'COMPONENT' of the smartphone, and 'NOT THE SMARTPHONE IN ITSELF'. You need to think about that for a few minutes, and realise why you just proved my point. The fact is, a touch screen device is not all that is needed to create a smartphone in the genre Apple created first with the iPhone.

However the first automobile was created by Ferdinand Verbiest in the 1670's. But just because for all intents and purposes is a mediocre vehicle, to say the least, when compared to today's cars and even use a different type of powertrain (steam) doesn't change the fact that he was the one who invented it. And at the time it was a wonderful invention that paved way to the cars we have today. [/citation]

Why did you even write this irrelevant drivel? Did he invent sports cars? Did he invent electric cars? Did he invent petrol cars? Guess what, as has been said before, Apple never claimed to have invented the smartphone. They claimed to have revolutionised it. If you want to argue that no-one has revolutionised cars (clearly ridiculous) that's the only way you could have any relevance. Some revolutionised cars so much (eg combustion engine) that they redefined what car would come to mean going forward. That is a very different meaning of 'car' to when the first one was invented, and necessarily needs a giant leap in technology. Exactly what Apple claims to have done.

testerguy

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Apple is in the same market but with a completely different business model.[/citation]

Apples business model has no relevance to the end consumer when buying a phone, so it's irrelevant.

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]As of today if you want a iOS device[/citation]

So why would you want an iOS device? Because they added value which you desire, which differentiates themselves. They are competing against the same batch of Android phones that all Android phones are. They just innovated more and so have more differentiation. You start out with the premise that some people will necessarily want an iOS device, but if that is true that just proves my point - Apple adds more value with software than any other company, in the same market, so deserve every sale they get.

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]If you want an Android phone one manufacturer alone has way more than three devices to choose and the are a large number of manufacturers available. They all use the same base OS so it's impossible for a single phone to differentiate itself from the rest enough to reach the iPhone.[/citation]

This is exactly the point. They are adding nothing, they are innovating nothing, they bring nothing to the table so of course they struggle to get market share. That isn't an argument in Androids favour, it is an explanation of how laziness and a complete lack of innovation from other phone manufacturers doesn't get them anywhere.

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]This is why I stated that the iPhone market share would have to drop bellow 10% for one single android phone to stand a change in beating it.[/citation]

Your statement was correct. Your reasoning wasn't. The reason Apple is doing so much better is that they simply have far more to offer in the current market than Android phones. Faced with EXACTLY THE SAME MARKET, they dominate.

Apple tries to win market share by a more unified experience, while Google model tries to reach the same goal with a huge diversity.[/citation]

Android isn't Google. Android isn't owned by Google. Android isn't developed solely by Google. Android manufacturers aren't Google. So I don't know why you're talking about Google. Google is even less successful from Android than the Android manufacturers who are failing so it's a terrible, terrible example anyway.

Also keep in mind that the market share of the iPhone includes all iPhones. I've never seen a study that separates all iPhones to have a clue at what their shares are.[/citation]

The more relevant point being that they include 1 COMPANY. Compare any company sales like for like, Apple wins by miles. Compare any handset like for like, the Apple smartphones win by miles. The bottom line is that Apple is offering consumers more than any other manufacturer right now, in exactly the same market conditions. They are outperforming everyone because they simply offer a better product.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]testerguy[/nom]This phone didn't support javascript.This didn't support javascript.What you describe as 'flawed' is exactly why it's EXACTLY correct. Just like the TOUCH SCREEN is a 'COMPONENT' of the smartphone, and 'NOT THE SMARTPHONE IN ITSELF'. You need to think about that for a few minutes, and realise why you just proved my point. The fact is, a touch screen device is not all that is needed to create a smartphone in the genre Apple created first with the iPhone.Why did you even write this irrelevant drivel? Did he invent sports cars? Did he invent electric cars? Did he invent petrol cars? Guess what, as has been said before, Apple never claimed to have invented the smartphone. They claimed to have revolutionised it. If you want to argue that no-one has revolutionised cars (clearly ridiculous) that's the only way you could have any relevance. Some revolutionised cars so much (eg combustion engine) that they redefined what car would come to mean going forward. That is a very different meaning of 'car' to when the first one was invented, and necessarily needs a giant leap in technology. Exactly what Apple claims to have done.[/citation]

I think that Apple's business model is relevant to the decision between an iPhone and an Android. With Android, you often want to look into all of the top models and compare/contrast them to decide which one you want (well, unless you don't particularly care and just grab one of any of them). With Apple, you just get the latest model (unless you want a lower end phone).

Androids have plenty of differentiation and often times, more than Apple's iPhones do. For example, the Androids have much more widely varying cameras and screens than the iPhones do. You can choose a phone based on it's processors, screen size, screen type, 2D or 3D screen, camera, camera flash, memory capacity, storage capacity, input method (keyboard or not), UI differences, 3G or 4G, and much more. Choosing an iPhone, you have a fraction of these feature differences to choose from, many of which took much longer for the iPhones to get than the Androids (such as 4G and the iPhones 4G doesn't even work in many countries where an Android's 4G connection would work pretty much regardless of the country so long as there is 4G coverage in the area).

You have a point in that Vladislaus seems to be over-exaggerating, However, you are too. The Androids have plenty of differences between them. There are a lot more different Android models than there are iPhone models and many of them are fairly similar, but they all have distinguishing features, although some more than others.

I owlud'nt call the iPhones a better product. For the most part, they have all been inferior. The newer 4S is better than many of the Androids, so this isn't as true as it used to be, but Apple really wins because so many people would blindly choose an Apple device because Apple is considered trendy and has a coolness factor for non-geeks that Android tends to not have because it isn't Apple.

Yes, Apple revolutionized the smart phone market by creating a smart phone that didn't suck like the competitors of the time did. If not for Apple creating the iPhone, the market probably wouldn't be the same as it is today. However, Google also revolutionized the market by introducing much more choice into what you get and bringing cheaper smart phones into the market. Although I can't say I would even recommend my Samsung Transform at this time, it still does it's job. It works as a phone, texting, web browsing/email, media player, calculator, GPS, and much more through the Android Market.

It even has stuff like Gameboy Advance/DS emulators (all free, I only use free apps) and other cool things such as running Ubuntu (albeit it is not the high performance phone i'd use for that. I suggest you get something with at least 2 cores if you want to do something like that). I've even used it as a flash light (with a flash light app that manipulates the camera's flash) when necessary. Honestly, it does it's jobs and it does them fairly well (although with Adobe having abandoned Flash development, the Youtube app has taken a clear downward spiral in stability as of late, but I can't blame that on Google nor Samsung). Sure, the iPhones can do most of this too, but not all of it.

Granted, I would like a much faster phone and I would find ways to use it's performance to great effect, but until such a time where I can get a new phone comes (I refuse to buy anything before I can get my hands on something with at least two Cortex A15 cores or better, maybe that Intel Medfield if it had two cores), it will be enough for basic and even above-average work.

So long as I stay off of stuff like Angry Birds and the Flash light app for long periods of time, my battery lasts between one and three days (obviously depending on usage) and I really can't complain except for the occasional freeze (that's what happens when you have less than 256MB of RAM and a crap CPU/GPU like mine, even somewhat better Androids don't have these problems nearly as bad, if at all so long as they have at least a single core Cortex A9 CPU @1GHz and 512MB of RAM or better).

Overall, the Android phones seem to have more to offer than the iPhones. For example, many of the Androids have varying screens for different primary uses and some have stuff like 3D and far more Androids have 4G capabilities than iPhones.

Google is raking in more than enough on Android for it to be profitable. So long as it's profitable, it's not a problem at all. Androids aren't innovating and adding to the market? Okay, who had 4G first, Android or iPhone? Who had 3D screens first? Who had dual core CPUs first? Who had similarly good graphics first? Who had larger screens than even 4" first? Who had high quality cameras first? Who had SD card storage first? Who had some of the most popular mobile games, such as Angry Birds, first? It seems that Android brings a lot to the market.

I don't see how you could ignore all of this and more that Android had first. Also, iPhones are not dominating Android in the market either. Any one Android probably won't beat the most recent iPhone models because there are so many Androids and a limited number of customers, especially customers looking for a new phone. Android customers also tend to not go for the latest and greatest Android phones, unlike how Apple's newest iPhone always seems to have at or near record breaking sales as it quickly replaces the previous model.

There are so many Androids from so many different OEMs that no single Android can reach the market share of the iPhones because the iPhones have far fewer versions and only one per generation. Androids have one or even several per OEM from a multitude of OEMs all per generation and each generation isn't very well defined with how different each model line's refresh timing is.

In order for a single Android to beat out the iPhone market share, it would need to be extremely far ahead of both all of the other Androids and be extremely far ahead of the iPhones too. It would also need some heavy marketing to get it's name out there. By extremely far ahead, I don't even mean just in hardware. It would also need to have the latest version of Android that is out at the time along with hardware that beats out the A5X chip in both CPU and GPU horsepower significantly.

Something like a 22nm quad core Coretex A15 CPU should suffice with a very powerful GPU, maybe something like the A5X's graphics, but with more of the same cores. It would also need a lot of memory and for it to have a fairly high bandwidth memory interface (can't just keep improving CPU/GPU speed and keep memory bandwidth the same; it would become more of a bottleneck than it already is on these mobile devices).

It would also need to have games/apps that uses it's performance and have a battery that won't keel over (hence the 22nm die shrink, to minimize with the power usage one would expect from something like this).

G

with all due respect, unless I'm completely mistaken, you blatantly took someone else's image (the apple vs android image) and just slapped it on without any attribution.. even forgetting about copyrights or creative commons attribution license, whatever happened to good old etiquette? please show some respect and take responsibility as a writer on a popular site, by taking the exemplary step of attributing sources where it's due. the image is from devianart, and it's by aoisora9x - http://aoisora9x.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d2rpdbp and no, i'm not related to aiosora9x believe it or not, it's just my pet peeve when i notice things like this

mac help

Honorable
May 16, 2012
All this acrimony and vitriol—the reality is many companies (in and out of the tech field) suit each other. It happens all the time. Some cases are just higher profile than others. In the end (and in most cases) both parties decide that the best thing to do is cross-licence their patent portfolio and get back to business.

Android vs. iOS arguments? Meh! Ultimately sales mean nothing. Profits mean everything. Who cares if Android sells 20 million units/quarter if they only make $1/unit. If Apple sells 5 million units/quarter and makes $6/unit, they've sold less units, but made more profit.

Think that Android is winning this 'war'? If so, I’ve got a dot com for sale, real cheap!

- 80% of mobile devices activated by businesses last quarter were iOS devices (that would be iPad and iPhones) according to Good Technologies.

- 73.9% of business smartphones in use were iPhones

- The iPad accounted for 97.3% of business tablet activations for the quarter.

- 90% of mobile purchases were made on iPads and iPhones according to Rich Relevance

- 69% of mobile web browsing occurs on iOS devices versus only 27% on Android devices according to Chitika

- 89% of the mobile web browsing on a typical university’s websites are from iOS devices and only 10% from Android

- 84% of mobile gaming revenue is now captured by iOS according to NewZoo

- iOS developer income share is 6x greater than Android

- Apple has now captured an 80% share of the profits of the entire cellphone industry. [Not just the smartphne portion]

- iOS has a vastly larger ecosystem of third party hardware peripherals, accessories, cases, docks, car integration, app numbers, app downloads and sheer developer numbers.

Any wonder why people are buying 1,000,000 iPads and 3,000,000 iPhone PER WEEK!!!

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]mac help[/nom]All this acrimony and vitriol—the reality is many companies (in and out of the tech field) suit each other. It happens all the time. Some cases are just higher profile than others. In the end (and in most cases) both parties decide that the best thing to do is cross-licence their patent portfolio and get back to business.Android vs. iOS arguments? Meh! Ultimately sales mean nothing. Profits mean everything. Who cares if Android sells 20 million units/quarter if they only make $1/unit. If Apple sells 5 million units/quarter and makes $6/unit, they've sold less units, but made more profit.Think that Android is winning this 'war'? If so, I’ve got a dot com for sale, real cheap!- 80% of mobile devices activated by businesses last quarter were iOS devices (that would be iPad and iPhones) according to Good Technologies.
- 73.9% of business smartphones in use were iPhones
- The iPad accounted for 97.3% of business tablet activations for the quarter.
- 90% of mobile purchases were made on iPads and iPhones according to Rich Relevance
- 69% of mobile web browsing occurs on iOS devices versus only 27% on Android devices according to Chitika
- 89% of the mobile web browsing on a typical university’s websites are from iOS devices and only 10% from Android
- 84% of mobile gaming revenue is now captured by iOS according to NewZoo
- iOS developer income share is 6x greater than Android
- Apple has now captured an 80% share of the profits of the entire cellphone industry. [Not just the smartphne portion]
- iOS has a vastly larger ecosystem of third party hardware peripherals, accessories, cases, docks, car integration, app numbers, app downloads and sheer developer numbers.Any wonder why people are buying 1,000,000 iPads and 3,000,000 iPhone PER WEEK!!![/citation]

Funny, but each time numbers like these are surveyed, they go down on Apple's side and up on Google's side. Also, I don't know about iPhones having a vastly larger ecosystem of third party hardware peripherals and apps... Android has more than I can use already and I've played with some friend's iPhones and a lot of things that I do on my Android can't be done on the iPhone, at least not for free.

For example, I have still not found a free GBA DS emulator for iPhones, yet I can go to my Android and there are several free GBA DS emulators. I'm not going to bother arguing about which is better or worse (I prefer Android, but I'm not going to fool myself into thinking that my preference is shared by everyone, especially with what I do being pretty far from normal usage of a phone, even for a smart phone), but I think that you are denying what Android has. Yes, it is almost certainly less profitable, but it's point isn't to be more profitable. The point is give us, the consumers, more options and desptie it being less profitable, Android phones do an excellent job of that. Without Androids, many smart phone innovations would have either not happened, or they would have taken much longer.

For example, Androids have had 4G connectivity for a while now, yet I'm pretty sure that we still don't have a 4G iPhone and when we do, there probably won't be a cheap one like there are cheap 4G Droids. Beyond that, Droids have had MicroSD cards slots for a long time now and we can do a lot with them, including upgrade our storage capacity, all for pretty low amounts of money. A 64GB iPhone costs a lot more than a 32GB or 16GB iPhone of the same generation, but with an Android, I can take a low storage capacity (but still high end phone) and just upgrade the capacity with a cheap Flash card and voila, I have tons of storage capacity at a reduced price without skimping on anything else.

Androids also are what started the craze for incredible screens. They still have a selection of several screens that are superior to Apple's Retina screens (although those are pretty good nonetheless). Androids can also be used as a free WiFi hotspot for other devices and I'm pretty sure that it isn't free for iPhones (even if some Droids require a little effort to do it).

Beyond that, Droids have so much selection, so many options of different phones to choose from with widely varying features and prices. iPhones have no such advantage because there is only one iPhone per generation and correct me if I'm wrong here, but each successive generation of iPhones never has a cheap model with modern features like some budget Androids do.

At the very least, I think that you can admit that Android has improved the smart phone market compared to what it would be without Android. Sure, it has it's problems (such as the huge hardware diversity causing a fractured and sometimes inconsistent platform and the OEMs and carriers doing such a poor job of keeping Android devices fully updated), but so do iOS devices, even if they have different problems.

G

Look I am not an Apple user or a Capitalist per say but... If Samsung used technology that was developed under license and paid for by Apple then what they did was dirty. The Judges take on this was ludicrous! Yea 7 billion so why does Samsung feel the need to steel technology? It is Greed pure and simple. I would guess that that Judge is probably receiving some form of campaign contribution from Samsung.

I wish Apple would take a different position than letting them slip away but high legal fees weighed against the principle Common sense will dictate to let it go. Just my opinion though!

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]jaber2[/nom]The end is near, thank you apple for brining us the home pc and smart phones, from now on we will take care of it, you can go back and making great software.[/citation]

Niether of which they did.. Sure they may have made one of the first computers for the home but it bombed it wasnt until windows came out that the home pc was truely born. and the smart phone was out at least a decade before apple decided to make thier crappy toy. Much like everything else they make for that matter.

zeratul600

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
im so happy that jobs is dead... what an idiot, he was the first theft! alway improving existing thing, never coming up with an original idea and then he has the balls to call android thefts???? have a warm stay at hell you egocentric cheap bastard.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]tofu2go[/nom]I actually agree with Jobs that Android was a stolen product (see before and after photos of Android phones). And while I would like to see justice served in general...[/citation]

Ah,. so what about the Apple OS then ?
You do know that this is not an Apple original, right !
Or the fact that Apple neither invented the GUI, Icons or the 'mouse'

$400 Million to the lawyers; to any of the Apple fans realize that Jobs and Apple is not paying that out of their own pocket but out of the pockets of their customers ?
They are having fun and ego trips at their oh so loyal 'fans' expense !!

G

It would be useful to compare the two platforms based on the average amount an average user of each spends on their respective store. I anticipate that the success of the iPhone and iPad are not merely because they have a simpler lineup to support. As a developer, that's part of it, yes. However, my understanding is that the iOS ecosystem is healthier in both respects of App quality control and a higher likelihood that users will actually spend money for an app they like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS