Apple May Give Up "Thermonuclear War" With Android

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]Rob V[/nom]It would be useful to compare the two platforms based on the average amount an average user of each spends on their respective store. I anticipate that the success of the iPhone and iPad are not merely because they have a simpler lineup to support. As a developer, that's part of it, yes. However, my understanding is that the iOS ecosystem is healthier in both respects of App quality control and a higher likelihood that users will actually spend money for an app they like.[/citation]

Well, of course the iPhone/iPad users are probably going to average higher spending per person. These are the people who are willing to pay more exorbitant prices for mediocre to decent hardware in their phones and other devices, so naturally, Apple's more for-profit attitude and the more pay-happy customer base will likely lead to higher spending on their side than with Android. Regardless, if a developer makes something worth the price that they demand for it, then it will be bought by anyone whom has the money and can make use of it. If you make a good game and charge a few bucks or however much you want to for it, then it can and will sell. Android's problem in this regard is not people spending less money, it's the hardware/Android version differences and even then, these aren't too bad for the most part.

However, saying that the iOS app ecosystem seems healthier is something that I completely disagree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.