Apple Mini-Stores Are Heading to Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

bender3000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
So you're putting an Apple mini-store inside a store full of people who are generally there because they are bargain-oriented? Hmmmmmmm

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]bender3000[/nom]So you're putting an Apple mini-store inside a store full of people who are generally there because they are bargain-oriented? Hmmmmmmm[/citation]

Target, Not Walmart

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
I don't think that K-Mart shoppers are in the same financial league than Apple shoppers :)
K-Mart shoppers actually value their money and shop for good deals, not gizmos to impress their friends !

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
[citation][nom]Classzero[/nom]Target, Not Walmart[/citation]
As a former Target employee I can tell you, Target and Wally-mart are mostly on the same level, with many of the same customers. You just go to Target if Walmart dosnt have the specific item you are looking for, or because you are too snub-nosed to enter a Walmart. I mean really, have you been in a Walmart lately? I use to hate them, but now they are cleaner, bigger, have more available employees who are generally happier to work with you, and have a larger selection than Target for a lower price... so why would you bother darkening Target's door?
This new store-in-a-store idea sounds like a desperate attempt to not go belly up when the high end stores like macys and the low end stores like Walmart are choking them out of their middle-class nitch.

blurr91

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
Apple can put a store in every single gas station and 7-eleven in the world and I still won't buy a single thing from them.

xx_pemdas_xx

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
[citation][nom]blurr91[/nom]Apple can put a store in every single gas station and 7-eleven in the world and I still won't buy a single thing from them.[/citation]

I wouldn't eather, not because of there outrages prices, but how they lie to people.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Nothing to do with Apple 'haters'. I had a Mac and got rid of it.
It's ok to impress the neighbors and if you just want to 'consume' media but for production purposes it is better to use a PC.
Yes, I know you can make music and edit videos with it, but a PC does it for a fraction of the cost at the same quality level. If I have to set up a studio with, say 10 computers, it ads up. And everybody, even big time studios have to work with budgets.

Apple gear cost more to acquire and than more down the road to maintain. If it makes you feel 'cool'; fine... use it but corporate America has no interest in this . That's why Apple will always be the 5% player in the market for now. Yes, they have a big bank account now but these come and go. Look at Pan Am and other giant corporations.

paloss

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
basically an identical service that has been out for quite a while now.
g.gif

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Its enough to see dumb clueless people with Apple products. Now we have to see Apple crap hardware in mini-stations in Target stores. WHEN WILL APPLE REALIZE THAT INTELLIGENT PEOPLE FIND THE SIGHT OF THEIR PRODUCTS OFENSSIVE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS