Apple OS X Mavericks May Have Serious Security Flaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssdpro

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
Wait, what? Something doesn't sound right because Macs are perfectly designed and perfectly secure. Once you buy a Apple product you can keep it forever because it is perfect. Other companies are forced to release new models/versions every 6-9 months to work out massive bugs and make basic functionality adjustments. And sometimes those companies make "improvements" that don't work at all then just tell their customers "Whoops, well, don't worry a new one that works a little better will be out in 6-9 months."

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
A security flaw in OSX? No..... That's not possible!!!!!

In all reality, OSX is one of the most vulnerable OSes out there. Its just that since their market share is so low they don't get attacked as often as Windows does.

That's why its one of the first OSes to go at PWN2OWN.

truerock

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
Samsung Fined $340K for Fake Online Comments Targeting HTC

By Chloe Albanesius

October 24, 2013 02:15pm EST

Taiwanese officials this week handed down a $340,000 fine against Samsung for waging what they considered to be an unfair online campaign against HTC devices.

As noted by the BBC, Samsung allegedly hired an advertising firm that paid students and bloggers to write posts and comments online that praised Samsung's products but were critical of
gadgets from rival HTC.

ethanolson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
I'm a bit bothered by the speed in which huge software is managed these days. Microsoft and Apple are having some problems with their stuff. I can see that Apple is acting most like Microsoft, which tells me that they don't have Google in their sights as much as previously thought. So now the question becomes "who's leading whom?"

apone

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
@ macpeteo

So you can dish it out but you can't take it? Don't get mad at ssdpro for showing you the same smug arrogance you mactards have when y'all bash Windows.

apone

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
@ macpeteo

So you can dish it out but you can't take it? Don't get mad at ssdpro for showing you the same smug arrogance you mactards have when y'all bash Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.