Apple Postpones Japanese iPad 2 Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
I just can't help thinking about the apple tech-boys (a more friendly term) thinking to themselves, "Wow, my entire town gets destroyed, the nuclear plant next door could go at any moment, and now I can't even buy an iPad2 to get my mind off the crisis. Awesome."

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]I just can't help thinking about the apple tech-boys (a more friendly term) thinking to themselves, "Wow, my entire town gets destroyed, the nuclear plant next door could go at any moment, and now I can't even buy an iPad2 to get my mind off the crisis. Awesome."[/citation]

The way you rabid anti-Apple twits talk, I'm surprised you haven't blamed Apple for the problems in Japan. Are you sure all the Ipads out there aren't generating frequencies that didn't start the earthquake? Notice how they didn't have this problem before Apple started selling so many? Was it a coincidence about the timing of the Ipad 2 and the earthquake? Did Apple know it was going to happen, and they wanted to wait until Japan was 13 feet closer to the United States to save on shipping?

All good questions, right?

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]jackt[/nom]For sure Jobs doesn't want another cancer LOL ![/citation]
how stupid are you...i hope you get cancer and see what it's like...you fucking moron

sabot00

Distinguished
May 4, 2008
[citation][nom]TA152H[/nom]The way you rabid anti-Apple twits talk, I'm surprised you haven't blamed Apple for the problems in Japan. Are you sure all the Ipads out there aren't generating frequencies that didn't start the earthquake? Notice how they didn't have this problem before Apple started selling so many? Was it a coincidence about the timing of the Ipad 2 and the earthquake? Did Apple know it was going to happen, and they wanted to wait until Japan was 13 feet closer to the United States to save on shipping? All good questions, right?[/citation]
I think you should calm down. I actually agree with his view that is would not be a good thing to many in Japan.

AMD_pitbull

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
You can call me insensitive, a prick, w/e you want, but, I don't see this as a "good deed" by Apple. You want a good deed? How about every dollar donated by people to the Red Cross through itunes is matched by Apple? It'd be nice to see more companies do things like that, then hear about how awesome it was that they delayed their release date in an area so the people can deal with their tragedy. This honestly isn't a personal blow at Apple, this is at all the damn corporations that don't seem to give a crap about the people that make them their money. If they show'd a heart, I'd be more likely to give them my money, tbh.
Final note: Prayers to all the families of the dead and missing in Japan, and hoping that things have already gotten as bad as they're gonna get. Godspeed.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
They postponed the launch because they knew that people are going to be focusing their financial attention on recovery and not the iPad 2 for a while. They didn't want to release it to them in this state so as to make their sales look poor. Any corporation would do this, not just Apple. No disrespect to anyone, but this was a money motivated move sugar coated as respectfully backing off.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]how stupid are you...i hope you get cancer and see what it's like...you fucking moron[/citation]

Why don't you tone down the language and stop honoring your nickname for a change.

N.B. nebun (romanian)= crazy person.

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
+1 for Apple in their opening of another avenue to give.

On another note, when will the thumbs up or down be active?

Cyex

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002
[citation][nom]Griffolion[/nom]They postponed the launch because they knew that people are going to be focusing their financial attention on recovery and not the iPad 2 for a while. They didn't want to release it to them in this state so as to make their sales look poor. Any corporation would do this, not just Apple. No disrespect to anyone, but this was a money motivated move sugar coated as respectfully backing off.[/citation]
I completely agree. They delayed the launch there because they'll make more sales if they wait a while for the country to recover first.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]bender3000[/nom]More proof that Apple is artificially increasing demand .......[/citation]
"artificially increasing demand"?
Please explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.