Apple Reveals Details of iOS 6 at WWDC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Dark Comet[/nom]Samsung's old flagship phone (S2) and their newest one (S3) both have ICS. The other phones are budget phones so ICS can't be expected.Price performance Apple do tend to be poor. Macbook air is good because there is no choice with that thickness right now. But you also have to buy Windows on top if you want to game and use the GPU in them. When it comes to the IMacs it's easy to build/buy a computer that outperforms them for less.[/citation]

And how long AFTER ICS came out did Samsung SG2 get support? 5 months? And only supporting 2 of their models? Awful. The iPhone 3GS is free on contract yet it still gets updates - and it's from 2009, with 2 newer models also supported - and they all get upgrades instantly.

In terms of Apple and price I gave the example of Macbook Air because it proves you can't generalise about Macs being expensive. While all companies may have particular products which are overpriced, it doesn't mean they all are. The Macbook Air is their main product I would say now in terms of PC's and it is the highest quality and cheapest in its genre, in my opinion - for its spec.

I actually agree with you that iMacs are overpriced, but it's a specific product, not the whole company which is overpriced :)

Dark Comet

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]And how long AFTER ICS came out did Samsung SG2 get support? 5 months? And only supporting 2 of their models? Awful. The iPhone 3GS is free on contract yet it still gets updates - and it's from 2009, with 2 newer models also supported - and they all get upgrades instantly.In terms of Apple and price I gave the example of Macbook Air because it proves you can't generalise about Macs being expensive. While all companies may have particular products which are overpriced, it doesn't mean they all are. The Macbook Air is their main product I would say now in terms of PC's and it is the highest quality and cheapest in its genre, in my opinion - for its spec.I actually agree with you that iMacs are overpriced, but it's a specific product, not the whole company which is overpriced :)[/citation]

It did take while but it's not like it was needed IMO, I had 2.3 on my S2 and it was fine. In all fairness the 3GS is no where near as powerful as the S2 and has a smaller screen. I personally would go with a S2 over a 3GS despite the slower updates.

I think the main reason the iMacs are so over priced is because of the form factor which I personally don't like. I think the main area where Apple excels is the tablet market. Although their Macbook is well priced, it's only well priced for the high end sector and not many people want to spend that much on a laptop. I'm interested to see one, when they come into the retail store I work at I'll have a play around with one.

wardoc22

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
Only apple branded laptop I would ever buy is the macbook pro. Decent specs for a laptop without sacrificing battery life. Not that I will use osx but I'll install windows on it.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Find me a cheaper laptop than the Macbook Air with equal specs (including size, weight and battery life) and equal performance for less.Good luck with that.[/citation]
The zenbook. I can even get a zenbook with a full hd ips screen while apple uses a tn panel with a much smaller resolution.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Im extremely underwhelmed with iOS6.. Ive been starting at the same basic UI for over 4 years now and I was hoping for something different.. Since I doubt the new iPhone will be worth sticking with this same old UI, I will probably be jumping ship.. But now the decision is do I wait to see what Windows Phone 8 will offer, or do I just buy the S3 when its available here in the US?

newbcakes

Honorable
May 21, 2012
These mapping features they're talking about... haven't they been available through Bing maps for years? Birdseye view anyone?

raringcoder

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Find me a cheaper laptop than the Macbook Air with equal specs (including size, weight and battery life) and equal performance for less.Good luck with that.[/citation]Since when did performance include size and weight?

frankbough

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Find me a cheaper laptop than the Macbook Air with equal specs (including size, weight and battery life) and equal performance for less.Good luck with that.[/citation]

Just a shame about the awful desktop interface. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.