Apple Says DoJ's eBook Antitrust Case Fundamentally Flawed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Seriously, did anyone expect Apple to issue a statement saying:

We accept the decision of the DoJ and we agree with it, we acted shamefully and colluded with multiple companies to fix the prices so we could see a healthy balance sheet. This was in no way a benefit to the consumer and entirely for the benefit of Apple stockholders. We apologise and will immediately pay the appropriate fine and reduce the cost of all items to an acceptable level.

Obviously not, but the first rule of being caught with your hand in the cookie jar is to deny everything.

rpgplayer

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
This is complete and utter rubbish, there is no supply and demand with digital content. There is never a shortage, so therefor the supply will never be limited.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]kinggremlin[/nom]This is really weird. I thought Apple would say they agreed completely with the Doj's accusations and that they were sorry and have now seen the error of their ways. To demonstrate their sincerity they plan to impose penalties on themselves including the removal of 3 scholarships and a self-imposed ban from postseason play in 2013.[/citation]
Sarcasm is strong with this one...

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]dgingeri[/nom]...from their support and use of near slave labor (Foxconn) to their anti-competitive attitude across the entire industry to their exploitation of near religiously loyal customers.I have not had any Apple product since my 2nd gen iPod nano. I refuse to even install iTunes or Quicktime on any machine I have, or support it in any way for my friends and family members. If they say they're having trouble with iTunes, I tell them to uninstall it.[/citation]

With your logic, you won't buy Sony, Samsung, Asus, Toshiba, Dell, Lenovo, and every other Tech manufacturer that uses Foxconn's slave labor.

Be fair or accept hypocrisy!

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]With your logic, you won't buy Sony, Samsung, Asus, Toshiba, Dell, Lenovo, and every other Tech manufacturer that uses Foxconn's slave labor. Be fair or accept hypocrisy![/citation]

Most of the companies that you listed aren' manufacturers. Also, most of them are OEM companies and this is a computer enthusiast website (meaning most of us probably don't buy much from them, if anything). Yes, it's true that people should realize that Apple isn't Foxconn's only customer, but if you want to argue the hypocrisy, then you could at least do it properly.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"Apple's entry into e-book distribution is classic pro-competitive conduct..."

Makes you wonder how they managed not to start giggling while writing this.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]"Apple's entry into e-book distribution is classic pro-competitive conduct..."Makes you wonder how they managed not to start giggling while writing this.[/citation]

Maybe they were giggling. How would we know if they weren't?

Status
Not open for further replies.