Apple Sept 9 Event Preview: iPhone 6, iWatch and More

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCguitarist

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
I always find it bothersome when I read articles on an informative website that covers topics that should obviously just factual and there is obvious fanboy-ism in the writing. Might as well make the article title: Our Savior Unveils His Latest Blessing From Above To Us

Apple is unveiling nothing new and groundbreaking. They are simply trying to play catch up with these new updated devices so while this should be mentioned, it's not that big of news.

hitman40

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
I always find it bothersome when I read articles on an informative website that covers topics that should obviously just factual and there is obvious fanboy-ism in the writing. Might as well make the article title: Our Savior Unveils His Latest Blessing From Above To Us

Apple is unveiling nothing new and groundbreaking. They are simply trying to play catch up with these new updated devices so while this should be mentioned, it's not that big of news.

It's not like Samsung does anything groundbreaking with each model either.

I would rather have some kind of news about an event everyone is waiting for rather than have the tomshardware news board spammed by X99 unveiling by every company.

dovah-chan

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
I find their rumored sapphire displays interesting but I doubt they will actually include them. If it will be highlighted so highly for its strong properties then I would think that someone would have already thought of it.

My guess is that they're doing it because they have the money and resources. Such ludicrously expensive materials for just a screen are not unlike Apple; the biggest example being the manufacturing process for their macbook's unibody design; it is extremely wasteful of resources and expensive.

Overall I like the way their hardware looks but I don't agree with their ideals and employee working conditions.

cmi86

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
Sweet so now apple stuff will do what it's competition has been doing for quite some time now, innovation or marketing ?

RCguitarist

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013

It's not like Samsung does anything groundbreaking with each model either.

I would rather have some kind of news about an event everyone is waiting for rather than have the tomshardware news board spammed by X99 unveiling by every company.

I absolutely agree with all of what you said. I was just commenting on the tone of the writing about the subject.
Stuff like "game-changing wearable", etc.

RCguitarist

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Overall I like the way their hardware looks but I don't agree with their ideals and employee working conditions.

And now that they have renounced their patriotism to the country they depended on to make them rich, how can any American support them? They are now a Chinese company.

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014
I think you missed the part that said "potential" game-changing wearable. Like every product we review, we'll judge the iPhone 6 and iWatch based on our actual use and benchmarks, not hype.

I'm personally looking forward to seeing how the bigger iPhone 6 stacks up against the Note 4 and Note Edge. I called the Note 4 the phablet to beat in my hands-on. So lets see how Apple answers.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
QUOTED SPAM REDACTED - SS

Interesting you say that and I believe their is some truth to that but this is hardly unique to Apple. If you recall, Samsung did the exact same thing with it's first attempt at a watch. Note + Gear.

Unlike Samsung however, Apple has a pretty clear focus on what they intend the iWatch to be rather that it just being a phone extension. We will see what happens and what it ends up being but I expect it to be a pretty refined product that works on all of the iPhone 6 models rather than just the 5.5".

For the price point they are rumored to be asking for the iWatch though it better be compelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.