Apple Settles with iPhone 4 Users Over Antennagate for $15

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]supall[/nom]Watch Apple send them a $15 gift card for iTunes instead.[/citation]
That's hilarious. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that though. Actually I hope they do, it would be amusing

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
These type of lawsuits are waste of time. Who really benefits? Consumers or lawyers?

The payouts are always small to each person in the lawsuit while the lawyers laugh all the way to the bank with much larger sum of the award.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Assuming the iphone 4s doesn't suffer from this issue, the decent thing to do would be to swap like for like, then refurb the old 4 series to a usable state and rebrand it.

or, you could piss off customers even more with a derisory $15 that will be tied up in so much shit, you won't bother (or bother to get another iphone/apple product).

Not being funny, but if I was to ever overpay for a product on the scale of Apple, i'd want top notch customer service.

Summary: If Apple ship crap, you're on your own pal.

techtre2003

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
[citation][nom]omega21xx[/nom]Ok, so you could have sold your iPhone and still get the $15... what's to stop (say me) from cashing in on the $15 when I've never bought one? Not sure they'd be able to tell if I owned one or not, if they could, I'd say Apple has their noses where they shouldn't be.[/citation]

you have to put in your serial number on the claim form

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
[citation][nom]techtre2003[/nom]you have to put in your serial number on the claim form[/citation]

My point was that they say you can still claim if you sold your phone. I don't think many people write their serial number down on things they sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.