Apple Snags Multi-touch Patent, Palm Shivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

who said microsoft sucks? I think Apple is much worst. and those morons at the patent office obvious just eat donuts and sleep everyday. How the fuxk they can let such patent to pass ? shitz.

World is all fuxked up.

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
Hm. Since Palm and RIM have been in the phone business a -bit- longer than Apple, I wonder how many patents they hold as counterweight against this touch one?

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Couple Typos:
"Apple's has that covered too"

"Apply would pursue prompt"

This could be almost monopolizing the new technology. This could spell trouble for Palm for sure. Definitely gives Apple the corner on a particular market, thereby allowing them to continue charging ridiculous amounts for their products.

Now if only they'd break their deal with AT&T to keep the iPhone away from the masses. Frankly I've never had good service with AT&T, nor have I met anyone who has. Especially in my market area, AT&T is known for having particularly bad reception. Verizon on the other hand, is the cell provider of choice up here. Yet, all they have is the Blackberry Storm.

apoq

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
I'm a little bit slow on this one. Has Apple patented the technology for detecting multi touch input, the idea to used multi touch to control a computing system or just certain gestures to do so. While I'd find patenting the first as a reasonable thing to do, 2 and 3 would be preposterous as they'd restrict use of something far too generic. Apple's looking a lot more like the Antichrist lately, seeing how I'm sure Christ would not approve with this :)

hutch1234321

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
I don't understand how Apple's multi-touch is different from Jeff Han's technology, but I am not an expert.

See his company's web-site, which has demo videos from prior to Apple's '07 filing date.

http://www.perceptivepixel.com/

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
“If faced with legal action, we are confident that we have the tools necessary to defend ourselves,” a Palm spokesperson said last week.

Ooooh. Them sound like fightin' words

another BS patent war.

When did Toms Hardware Guide become Toms CellPhone Guide?

rocketw31

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
How in love of god do you patent human gestures on a touch screen? This has got to be the rottenist, most steaming pile of anti-competitive horse dung to venture forth in my recent memory.

This invigorates and energizes my utter and complete contempt for Apple's business practices.
Yes, charge me double for that hardware plx! It feels so good when you shove it in and break it off.
This is really in the interest of consumers?

G

Did not HTC come out with their Touch Phone Before the Iphone so they have been using a touch screen gestures long before Apple came along. Also HTC had the Name "Touch" copyrighted long before Apple came along.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
This is a real load of crap. Apple always comes up with nifty gimmicks that I can resist easily by looking at the price tag. But, multi-touch has been something I've been waiting to see on a PC laptop for a long time now.

BUT, I guess Apple just screwed that for everyone. They're turning out to be a bunch of App"holes" if you will...

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Well this puts the recent comments from the interim Apple CEO about going after other companies infringing on their IP.

Patent system sucks.

By the way I'm along with many of you, Apple: I never have, I never will... you can tell Apple like this " you without me is like Hell an Heaven without them blue notes... YOU'RE NEVER GOING PLATINUM!"

kamkal

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
complete BS

where are all the "apple is so great and benevolent" retards now?

this is as stupid as the guy in russia who tried to patent a smiley

patent system is ARCHAIC and needs to be overhauled or removed completely

tonitelaoag

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2007
here in asia everything is being copied by mighty china, i wonder if apple can run after tech manufacturers of cellphone with touch control, personally i want apple someday to beg for forgiveness for all the tech greediness of their business practices that they created just to gain upperhand

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]jerreece[/nom]Couple Typos:"Apple's has that covered too""Apply would pursue prompt"This could be almost monopolizing the new technology. This could spell trouble for Palm for sure. Definitely gives Apple the corner on a particular market, thereby allowing them to continue charging ridiculous amounts for their products.Now if only they'd break their deal with AT&T to keep the iPhone away from the masses. Frankly I've never had good service with AT&T, nor have I met anyone who has. Especially in my market area, AT&T is known for having particularly bad reception. Verizon on the other hand, is the cell provider of choice up here. Yet, all they have is the Blackberry Storm.[/citation]

and i thank verizon everyday for dodging that iphone bullet and sticking with a real phone. Cant say i would replace my storm for the crapphone even if i was paid to use it.

[citation][nom]rocketw31[/nom]How in love of god do you patent human gestures on a touch screen? This has got to be the rottenist, most steaming pile of anti-competitive horse dung to venture forth in my recent memory.This invigorates and energizes my utter and complete contempt for Apple's business practices. Yes, charge me double for that hardware plx! It feels so good when you shove it in and break it off. This is really in the interest of consumers?[/citation]

Its apple your surprised? they have been doing that crap for years.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
This isn't the first gesture Apple has patented. They got a patent for flipping off the consumer long ago. And for some reason people just love it........

Status
Not open for further replies.