Apple Takes a Swing at Microsoft's $300 Million Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
Not a big surprise coming from Apple. Getting tired of hearing their commercials, it seems to be all about slander now rather than actually promoting their own products.

G

sounds like PE... profit-envy, of course, what were you thinking?!

G

i actually think they are pretty funny... who cares if they aren't accurate... most people aren't THAT stupid... so they can't make huge mistakes if they aren't that stupid... however... people who really buy into these adds are stupid... so idk...

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
@thogrom,

I have to disagree, most people ARE that stupid. The fact that Mac's market share is increasing is evidence of that.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
[citation][nom]thogrom[/nom]who cares if they aren't accurate... most people aren't THAT stupid... [/citation]

Um, actually, most people are that stupid. Sorry, I'm just not that comfortable with allowing companies to portray inaccurate information in their advertising.

Also, some of the claims made by Apple aren't inaccuracies - they are outright lies. Honestly, how much do you think Microsoft has to spend annually? You think $300 million is the majority of their budget, or are they spending much more developing Vista SP2 and Windows 7 than $300 million? Inaccuracies become distortions, distortions become lies - I don't think we should it slide.

atrain

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
It's kinda like the presidential commercials - "Hmmm lemme say what sucks about this guy so they don't realize how much I suck"

Hmmmm, I wonder which one Apple is...

No, but seriously, I hope M$ takes the higher ground and keeps making it's positive commercials

G

but its still funny :D

i love their commercials no matter how dumb / poorly thought out they are...

FHDelux

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
I am not really a big fan of apple or their shots at Microsoft, however, I think these are funny. Its so clear these days that Microsoft is being run by business and marketing people rather than engineers. The whole windows XPerience and Vista names, stupid if you ask me, i would be just as happy with windows 6.0 or windows 6.1. Xbox 360 is the same way, sacrifice functionality and quality in order to deliver a product faster, then spend more time in marketing to hide any bad things that may arise.

G

I was just thinking the same thing. Why is this news. It sounded more like someone venting then news. It is called advertising you cannot take it seriously. It is up to the consumer to look up figures and make comparisons on a product they are interested in. So to be upset because company X,Y, and Z have stupid or immature commercials and base a decision on that or even argue it is very stupid.

deredita

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I use a Mac from day to day, but to be honest I am shopping for a Vista based laptop, and maybe also will build a powerhouse desktop for around $1000 with a quad core processor, 16GB ram, and an ATI 4870 video card. Sounds like more bang for the buck when editing, than spending twice that for 1/8 of the hardware power.

Status
Not open for further replies.