Apple Tells DoJ It Did Nothing Wrong; "Amazon Monopolistic"

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Seriously, who gives a fuck about Apple any more? Out of first 11 articles on Tom's Hardware, 4 are about Apple. Give it a rest already.

G

Every contract, combination in the form of trust or otherwise, or conspiracy, in restraint of trade or commerce among the several States, or with foreign nations, is hereby declared to be illegal. Every person who shall make any contract or engage in any combination or conspiracy hereby declared to be illegal shall be deemed guilty of a felony, and, on conviction thereof, shall be punished by fine not exceeding $ 100,000,000 if a corporation, or, if any other person, $ 1,000,000, or by imprisonment not exceeding 10 years, or by both said punishments, in the discretion of the court.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
The richest company in the world calls Amazon monopolistic? The company that wont allow apps into their app store if they don't like them or don't want to compete? The company that doctored photos to win a case? The company that wont let you install their OS on anything but the hardware they say?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black....

zippyzion

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Of course Apple claims they did nothing wrong. What kind of responsible, consumor minded company would admit to wrong doing? (Can't think of a single case of a company being like "Oh. Our bad. We won't do that anymore.")

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]The richest company in the world calls Amazon monopolistic? The company that wont allow apps into their app store if they don't like them or don't want to compete? The company that doctored photos to win a case? The company that wont let you install their OS on anything but the hardware they say?Talk about the pot calling the kettle black....[/citation]

Your only valid point is about the doctored photos.

Everything else deals with controlled environments that allow efficiency and reliability. You say they don't want to compete yet there are multiple web browsers, music players, office suites, camera apps, and even voice-assistant apps available on the market. If you're just one of the Apple hate-fanbois then learn to steer away from Apple articles.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
As much as I usually don't like Apple. I have to agree with them on this.

Amazon has been doing the "Wal-mart routine" trying to kill off every brick and mortar book store by selling books at a loss to gain the advantage. I despise Wal-mart when they do it to small towns and I despise that aspect of Amazon for doing it to Borders, B&N, etc.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
"The iPad company essentially painted its ebook move as an act of liberation rather than a violation of the Sherman Antitrust Act."

That's what the rapist said.
I want to see the jury's response: GUILTY it would be a beautiful day in history.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]ben850[/nom]Your only valid point is about the doctored photos. Everything else deals with controlled environments that allow efficiency and reliability. You say they don't want to compete yet there are multiple web browsers, music players, office suites, camera apps, and even voice-assistant apps available on the market. If you're just one of the Apple hate-fanbois then learn to steer away from Apple articles.[/citation]

Ladies and gents, I present you a prime specimen of a Apple Cultist in it's natural habit.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]ben850[/nom]You say they don't want to compete yet there are multiple web browsers, music players, office suites, camera apps, and even voice-assistant apps available on the market.[/citation]
Yeah, it's not like Apple has a history of blocking apps that do things better than the built in software, like Google Voice.

Wait...

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Ladies and gents, I present you a prime specimen of a Apple Cultist in it's natural habit.[/citation]

Nice try but my 4S is the only Apple product I'm willing to own.

When I need my phone to work, it has to be right then and there. I don't have time to figure out why ROM 1 isn't accessing my internal storage properly or why ROM 2 has lost internet connectivity.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]ben850[/nom]Nice try but my 4S is the only Apple product I'm willing to own.When I need my phone to work, it has to be right then and there. I don't have time to figure out why ROM 1 isn't accessing my internal storage properly or why ROM 2 has lost internet connectivity.[/citation]
That's funny, my Android phone never has those problems and neither do any of my friends' Android phones. If you're using unstable custom ROMs it's your own damn fault that your phone is buggy. There are plenty to choose from that work just fine.

Apple really has pulled off the idiot proof thing quite well. Not being an idiot myself, though, I don't seem to have any problems with Android.

syrious1

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
That's funny, my Android phone never has those problems and neither do any of my friends' Android phones. If you're using unstable custom ROMs it's your own damn fault that your phone is buggy. There are plenty to choose from that work just fine.

Apple really has pulled off the idiot proof thing quite well. Not being an idiot myself, though, I don't seem to have any problems with Android.

sent from my Windows Phone!

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]sublime2k[/nom]Seriously, who gives a fuck about Apple any more? Out of first 11 articles on Tom's Hardware, 4 are about Apple. Give it a rest already.[/citation]
Well, if THG was to make an Apple section and just place all of their articles there as opposed to on the main page many would cry fowl, "Why does Apple get its own section." If they stopped reporting on Apple to appease those that don't like Apple many would accuse them of negligence.

Its sounds like those that don't like reading about Apple are going to have to:

1) Ignore the articles
2) Continue to use the articles as an opportunity to bash Apple and complain about THG's journalistic practices
or
3) Stop visiting THG

...it sounds like 2) is the most popular options.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
But Apple doesn't see it that way: the higher tag has somehow made ebooks more "interactive and engaging," or rather, they're a much better product than before.
Isn't everything from Apple like that: increase the price, so it seems better?

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]ben850[/nom]Nice try but my 4S is the only Apple product I'm willing to own.When I need my phone to work, it has to be right then and there. I don't have time to figure out why ROM 1 isn't accessing my internal storage properly or why ROM 2 has lost internet connectivity.[/citation]

Rooting your phone is not required to use a android phone.

You just proved my original comment.

syrious1

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
Isn't everything from Apple like that: increase the price, so it seems better?

More like they tell their consumers that they have special features and hardware not available on other systems, so you should pay them more to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.