Apple to Beat Google to Cloud Music Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

to bad Grooveshark has them both beat to the punch. And it's free too. Since when is anything from Apple or Amazon free?

Register for free with grooveshark, make your own playlists which are saved on their servers, and recall your music anywhere you have an internet connection
been using them for years...for FREE.

Grooveshark FTW!!!!!!

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
I can't see any leading music service without its actual lead being the major recording companies. In other words, they'll use that power to keep all the other labels away from it.

Screw it!

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]i love the shark[/nom]to bad Grooveshark has them both beat to the punch[/citation]
^+1

Grooveshark is fantastic, I compiled a playlist of all the Mafia 2 music and people always like to favourite it.

nukemaster

Distinguished
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]And apple is complaining about wanting "original" competition, when theyre hopping on the bandwagon too...[/citation]
In a year, everyone with think they invented this. along with mp3, m4a, tablets, muli-touch, lithium polymer batteries, ips display panels and so on. So magical.....
Sad but true.

G

bustapr :
And apple is complaining about wanting "original" competition, when theyre hopping on the bandwagon too...

nukemaster
In a year, everyone with think they invented this. along with mp3, m4a, tablets, muli-touch, lithium polymer batteries, ips display panels and so on. So magical.....
Sad but true.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
@mjs916 - Agreed. I'm sick of the situation where Apple takes some old idea that everyone uses already, then brainwashes everyone with their marketing, making them believe that it's innovative and Apple invented it, and then sues everyone who's been using the stuff for years, just didn't make the big deal out of it because it's kind of useless.

Cloud-based music is a stupid "innovation", considered the amount of strain Internet suffers already, thanks to social networking and YouTube. Moreover, it'll slowly get the people settled with the idea that their data doesn't really belong to them and once they don't have internet, they're basically stripped of everything. I can totally see how that scenario is fine with EVERYONE - copyright holders, ISPs, Apple, Google.... everyone except the BRAINWASHED end-users who have NO IDEA whatsoever about their data security and will go for anything as long as it's introduced by Apple.

@chaos133 - for backup purposes, use an external HDD or two. You'll end up saving more money on the long run (ISP fees, provided how download/upload cap in US keeps decreasing while the prices keep going up) AND you'll be able to access your data without an Internet connection.

Personally, I'm sick of the tendency of trying to shift everything away from the user, especially provided the lame connections speeds the Internet uses (compared even to USB 2.0). It's funny how all the big businesses suddenly started talking about cloud computing as our future, although I haven't seen any user so far wanting to shift his data to the "cloud" instead of his HDD. Really useless and perfect for controlling the people. Instead of paying any attention to these "Chromium OS" and "cloud services", better learn some things about hardware and build yourself a computer which is able to handle everything you need without any stupid "cloud".

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
And in later new, yet another cloud business runs poorly, consumer wont sign up due to lack of Internet bandwidth cap / stability and the ones who have complains! /sigh

blueer03

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Apple should have had this running over a year ago when they purchased Lala; which was a free cloud music service. So basically, it has taken them this long just to integrate iSuck into Lala.

slipdisc

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
I'm not really surprised by this news. Especially given the fact that Apple already had agreements and licenses in place for sales. Streaming was their next logical step.

killerhype

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
It doesn't matter who comes out first in this cloud based war. Apple will always rule when it comes to music that is for portable devices, such as cell phones and I pods. However, Google will be a real contender for Desktop and impulse based buying decisions. We still think however, streaming based music services are ultimately bad for the artist. It's just to hard to make money that way. Music placement on media projects as a result will continue to rise in popularity as a result of continued declining music sales for units sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.