Apple to Start iPad Pre-Orders This Week

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bugbait

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
[citation][nom]donovant[/nom]... lets see a dell or acer still command 60% of its value in 4 years time...[/citation]

Even if that was remotely true (it's not) it would simply exemplify the stupidity of the Apple using community. No piece of computer equipment is worth 60% of its original value after 4 years. Zero, zip, none. In accounting terms most computer equipment has zero value after 3 years.

[citation][nom]donovant[/nom]...my desktops run fine as well but windows does take a lot more to maintain and is no where near as stable as mac os...[/citation]

Sorry, but you're comparing Windows 7 running on a Dell to an Apple. Dell shouldn't be used as a benchmark for anything PC related. Get a proper PC, stick Windows 7 on it and then come back with an informed comparison.

I have an Apple iPhone but it is what is is with its strengths and weaknesses. I don't think it's anything magical but it does what I need it to.

bugbait

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
[citation][nom]bugbait[/nom]Even if that was remotely true (it's not) it would simply exemplify the stupidity of the Apple using community.[/citation]
Actually, that's not quite fair. I should've said "Apple LOVING community".

donovant

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
You only have to look on ebay and you can see the prices older Mac stuff goes for, I never said it was worth it myself, I also have windows 7 running on my office laptop and yes it runs very nice, but it doesnt run any better than my mac does, Ive worked as a network admin for the last 10 years and in computer hardware repairs for 10 years before that, so I think I can offer an informed opinon, Ive only had a Mac for about 10 months, before that it was always a PC, you have an Iphone but that doesnt make you stupid or a fanboi for owning it like some of the ealier posts were implying even though you would have paid over the odds for the device as well, and that was my main gripe in my post, as far as compairing benchmarks of a dell which I didnt I just said it runs fine, if you concider fine to be a benchmark then perhaps you should not be commenting.

G

Every one is always so closed minded to new and innovative things. personally i cant wait to get an ipad i love the way my ipod touch works and use it all the time .. as far as an iphone not really interested in them plans cost to much .. but i think most cell phone plans cost to much any way.. 50 to 100 a month just for a cell phone is just stupid to me. where as the ipad would certainly be useful in a plane or car mounted on a seat or something it would sure beat anything they have out right now .. and as far as multi tasking .. why? its not meant to be a laptop or netbook like every one wants to classify it.. and the hpslate is awesome but i used to work for hp .. trust me i would not buy anything made by them.. at least computer wise foxxconn crap sucks ! ha ha you want a pc with multi tasking get a net book or a laptop .. you want to think different or be a wolf instead of a sheep .. get an ipad .. personally being a sheep is boring .. and not to mention apple rocks. and yes i am a fan boy.. and no my brain works perfectly fine i just dont subscribe to your channel of depressing jazz

Status
Not open for further replies.