Apple: What You’re Missing Without an iPhone

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]I didn't know that having a market share higher than 90% in desktop/laptop means slowly becoming extinct. Or posting record profits, profits that are higher than apple's.[/citation]

MS is loosing some serious ground here, and by next year Apple will overtake MS. MS may be at 90% and it is the lowest it has ever been and predictions are for it to continue falling. Apple has passed MS in Market Cap and if you look at the numbers MS has more debt to assets than Apple (has 0). Once the business sector starts upgrading their antiquated XP hardware is when you will see the big changes. Already the medical industry is ramping up the use of iPad's as are some in the financial sector.

Calling Apple users "sheep" is like the "kettle calling the pot black." The majority of American consumers are slaves to mass marketing, and there are some sectors in the market place that are far more fanatical than Apple users.

Dadeeo

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
It's the liea that makes me so I would never buy an apple product. Take the ibook ad, "if you don't have ibooks on your iphone you CAN'T have your favorite book in your pocket", REALLY???
Is that a fact? Or just what you want the sheeple to believe? Don't let them know that they CAN read any ebook they want on ANY Adroid phone. This is the kind of thing that puts applefans in the sheep category, if you can't tell truth from lies your the kind of customer that apple is looking for. I absolutely hate those who lie to the masses just to make a profit. And apple is the biggest offender ever, they have been doing it since the '80's. Why would they stop now?
That's why you can't post comments on the apple youtube videos, they know they would get called out on it. Jobs is a TOOL, period.

HappyBB

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
I don't own any Apple products and I don't think I miss anything! This is Apple's propaganda to hypnotize consumers so that it can sell more of its products.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]Yoder54[/nom]MS is loosing some serious ground here, and by next year Apple will overtake MS. MS may be at 90% and it is the lowest it has ever been and predictions are for it to continue falling. Apple has passed MS in Market Cap and if you look at the numbers MS has more debt to assets than Apple (has 0). Once the business sector starts upgrading their antiquated XP hardware is when you will see the big changes. Already the medical industry is ramping up the use of iPad's as are some in the financial sector. Calling Apple users "sheep" is like the "kettle calling the pot black." The majority of American consumers are slaves to mass marketing, and there are some sectors in the market place that are far more fanatical than Apple users.[/citation]
Microsoft this year had a profit 75% bigger than Apple. So Apple still has a long way to go.
You can also check Forbes list.
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/18/global-2000-10_The-Global-2000_Rank.html

Fusion777

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Not really blown away by this ad campaign. I'm happy with my less slick but more functional Android phone. Perhaps it's targeted towards non-smartphone/winphone/blackberry users?

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I'm not missing iTunes at all, I still have it on my PC and use it to happily play all my illegally torrented and/or ripped from CD music files.

If I want to listen to my music on a non-Apple device it's as easy as drag n drop.

Also means when Android, or Blackberry, or WP7, or any other OS is eventually replaced in the future by another technology I will still be able to listen to my music.

I also am not missing being able to play flash games on Candystand, that is something that all Apple users are missing.

candrwhite

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
So in other words... I'm missing things that cost me more money, and put that money into Steve Jobs ALREADY overstuffed pockets? Yeah... um.. no thanks.

AMD_pitbull

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Apple articles in general make me giggle. Why? The fanbois on both sides come out, guns blazing, ready to tear each other to shreds. This article? Wow. Just, wow. I know everyone wants to think they have the best product available, but, saying you can't do something cuz you don't have their app? If you believe that, you're a sheep. I don't care what the product is. I LOL'd REALLY hard when I passed the comment saying you look "higher class" with an iPhone. Hey, buddy, to be quite honest, you look like a kid that's trying to be cool with one. You want to look "high class" and professional? Get a Blackberry. Blackberrys are the phones you get if you want better functionality. Droids, iPhones are the ones you get if you want to have fun with it. For all of you wishing for Apple to die off, get a life. They're competition. As much as I dislike them as a company, they're helping things progress, otherwise the other companies would have less incentive to research and advance their technology along as well. As for Apple passing MS in the next year, gl with that. Really. I work in one of many companies running a MS server. Would they change? Maybe. If they could get everything over to a Linux based server. Every engineer and IT I've talked to cringes when they hear the word Apple or Mac. Guess what laptops they use. IBM. Every company has their place in the market. Get used to it. But, please, keep posting some of these borderline fanatical rants. I find them quite amusing, especially when they come from both sides. Let's see who says their daddy can win with the loudest voice first, right?

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]candrwhite[/nom]So in other words... I'm missing things that cost me more money, and put that money into Steve Jobs ALREADY overstuffed pockets? Yeah... um.. no thanks.[/citation]

No... Apple is a publicly own company and you put money into the pockets of all the share holders.

Now go and troll somewhere else

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
[citation][nom]smeker[/nom]No... Apple is a publicly own company and you put money into the pockets of all the share holders.Now go and troll somewhere else[/citation]

Yes, of course you're right, the saintly Steve Jobs doesn't command a multimillion dollar salary and certainly doesn't profit from his Apple stock holdings.

You might want to try thinking BEFORE you speak.

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
[citation][nom]kingssman[/nom]what you're missing without an AndroidCustomizable home screens.Interactive live wallpapers for backgroundsAdding widgets to display relavent information the moment you swipe your phone, not having to go digging through "apps" just to check Email, or RSS feedsHardware choices at various price options. Including slide out keyboards or led flash for camera.Choices in multimedia software, change your mp3 player apps. not locked into itunes like interfaceLinking and syncing with google and gmail.. which is free (unlike mobile.me) for calendar and email and contacts.[/citation]

Have you ever used an android phone, or did you just smoke some crack?

philologos

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]Yoder54[/nom]Name calling is always a mature way of discussing things in mature manner. You say Apple makes slight changes to things that is not theirs? Are you familiar with the history of MS? As Picasso said: "A good artist copies, a great artist steals."You should also keep up with the wave of technology. MS Office is slowly being dropped for OO and various cloud apps. The 90% you speak of is on many machines that have been in the business sector for years, but they are now starting to move to the iPad and it is predicted that sales for Win will decrease 5% in the next year due to the iOS.Finally, just because someone approaches a product with common sense, logic, and functionality does not reduce one to the category of a "fanboi" trying to convince others how "cool" my product is. FYI: I also own Win7 boxes and only develop on Win7. Not of "fanboi" of either.[/citation]

On what planet are businesses moving from desktops to iPads?

miloo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
sorry i already bought my htc hd7 long time ago... and i like it better than iphone ~
i really hate itunes ~ it sucks ! the sync just damn fxxking stupid ~ so good luck with that ~

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]thrasher32[/nom]Yes, of course you're right, the saintly Steve Jobs doesn't command a multimillion dollar salary and certainly doesn't profit from his Apple stock holdings.You might want to try thinking BEFORE you speak.[/citation]

So does BIll Gates. You know that B.G. owns a large number of Apple shares, right?

You alsmo might assume that Steve Jobs owns a bunch other non-Apple company shares, right? so if you hate the man so much maybe you should find out where he invests his money at and then boycott those companies too :)

Kids nowadays..... I am tellin ya....

G

Well I have compared my galaxy s with an iphone and even though comparisons rate the screen brighter on the iphone it looks shit compared to the galaxy. The colour is much richer.
As for microsoft going extinct with an open business model, poppycock! They just didn't get the idea quick enough about the net and along came google and took over.
Maybe if your an idiot that can't use your phone properly you'd prefer to have a smaller set of features then by all means get the iwank. Ms deal with nokia is good idea but once again they worked it out too late.
Google ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS