Apple's Cable Plans Gets Disney, CBS Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Oh, this is good. Soon, like AT&T, ISP's will start demanding its customers to stop streaming videos and stop downloading large files, etc.

bydesign

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
It's Apple so No. The brand alone would prevent me from entertaining the idea. Apple only produces solution where there is no real need. In other words they are just a money sink in the game of life. The prey on people with the itard disease, very sad.

smokinu

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
The only reason I still have cable tv is Netflix does not have all the support it needs to destroy these money grubbin cable companies.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
as long as its in hd and not raping my wallet like directv does i'll gladly switch. between a cable box, satellite, installation, hd access, and more cable boxes, its just a bitch to keep these cable/satellite providers. especially when I only keep 40 channels in my lineup. who owns the history, discovery, food and national geo channels? itunes needs those.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
I don't watch TV but even if I did I would never, not ever, do it via Apple ianything. I stopped wasting my time watching idiotic and mindless "reality" shows that are anything but, and all the other crap they were showing. And paying Apple for mindlessly wasting my time would totally add injury to insult.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
[citation][nom]duckmanx88[/nom]as long as its in hd and not raping my wallet like directv does i'll gladly switch. between a cable box, satellite, installation, hd access, and more cable boxes, its just a bitch to keep these cable/satellite providers. especially when I only keep 40 channels in my lineup. who owns the history, discovery, food and national geo channels? itunes needs those.[/citation]

Disney owns the History channel along with A&E, Lifetime and Biography.

Discovery owns their own network of stations.
Discovery Channel
TLC
Animal Planet
Discovery Health Channel

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
Except they will most likely make you have Apple TVs if you want this on an actual TV and not your computer, meaning more Apple-only shit you have to buy. No thanks

jjchmiel78

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
Nope!! I use an antena for local TV and Hulu for the reruns of FX, TNT, Scyfy, USA shows, then purchase DVD of those I like and HBO, SHO shows. Cable costs are out of this world for sticking a bunch of channels you do not want with a bunch of commercials of products I am not interested in.

Hard Line

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
Amen ravewulf.. out of 600+ channels and 100 or so music chanels... I watch MAYBE 10 whdh 7, discovery,syfy ( stupid name change) history, tbs boomerang for the kids and disney for the kids. oh and mytv

Status
Not open for further replies.