Apple's Laptops Have Hit Rock Bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad_53

Prominent
Feb 24, 2017
Their laptops are tanking. The iPhone X and Home Pod never got off the ground. What's going on, Apple?

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
I have never used or owned any of Apple's products. Although I can afford them, why would I want to spend 2-3 times what they are worth? I remember seeing lines of young people lining up outside of the Apple store on my way to work a few years ago when they released one of their phones, thinking how can people miss work (if they even have a job) to be the first to get a new phone?

Apr 20, 2018
Unless you are into multimedia production and design, I can't recommend a Mac. They are horrible business machines with inferior versions of Office or Office like applications and very few viable alternatives for accounting applications. With the emergence of the Chromebook platform, I believe things will only get worse for them.

Apr 20, 2018
And they stink. Literally. The USB-C cables smell like mildew and it they brush against your clothing they leave a powering film. I kid you not. We just pushed out 14 of these and I couldn't believe how bad the smell is.

learnedits

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017
This is what complacency looks like. So much of their focus is on the phone. When Apple refocuses enough effort they will make their laptops #1 again. My biggest disappointment is they aren't listening to customer feedback, that's what has made Apple amazing as a company.

Apr 20, 2018
As disappointing as they’ve become, Macs will continue to sell because of macOS. If you are realiant on a macOS workflow, or you’re completely trapped in the Apple Walled Garden, then you have no choice but to keep buying Macs. (And yeah, yeah, Hackintosh, blah, blah — but that’s not a real solution for the majority.) I’d love to be using real computer to run macOS, but Apple Thinks Different(TM) about that, preferring form over function. As a result, Apple can pretty much ignore these rankings as they aren’t fully competing with the Windows world.

Apr 21, 2018
After owning a Mac product since the early 80s my annoyance with Apple is growing each year with the lack of updates etc to the laptop line. The price is driving customers away IMO. Cheers.

mjslakeridge

Distinguished

In my opinion, Apple is kind of like a cult. The people who buy their overpriced products are likely to say they are highly satisfied with their purchase, because they are so in love with the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.