Should I buy Dell’s XPS 13 4K 2019 or Apple’s Macbook pro 13 with touchbar i5?

May 17, 2019
Hi guys,
I own a Macbook Pro retina 13’ from 2015 which works quite well, but now I’m looking forward to change my device and I would like to know which of these 2 laptops mentioned above is the best option for me?
I use my mac to take notes in my high school classes, Excel, Word, etc, but these year maybe I’ll start working on a company (I think I would not be editing videos neither professional work because I’m studding business administration), so my main doubt is if I should buy Dell XPS 2019 with Intel’s i7 and 16GB of RAM, or if the Macbook pro 13 with touchbar i5 and 8GB will be right for me?
Another doubt that I have is the price, because Dell offers for the same price of the standard macbook pro (about $1800) a better processor and better ram, and I’ve seen in many sites that Dell’s laptop is better but when they make comparisons they compare XPS13 with Macbook Pro i7 and 16GB of RAM, and in case of choosing the Macbook, I will not upgrade to i7 and 16GB.
Should I buy Dell XPS 13 with i7 and 16GB of ram or should I buy Macbook Pro i5 8th gen, with 8GB of RAM? In case of buying Apple’s macbook pro, should I upgrade intel to i7 or it’s better to increase RAM up to 16GB?
Thanks for your help!

With what you do, unless your current laptop is broken, you don't need to change it at all. For what you do you can use a 10 year old laptop without issues. Just wasting money to switch. Spending money on a high end 4k system or a MAC when you type in documents is like buying a Bently to drive dogs around for walks. It's more like jewelry than a computer. If you want the bling then it does not matter which one you pick, any of them are so much over what you need that it does not matter, just personal choice.