Apple's Next Multitasking iOS Leaked on Video

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

hmm,... i prefer samsung and android myself but look at apple's lawsuit against samsung on ui and this discussion gets muddy. besides, we're looking at devices that aren't out yet. the next gen iphone most likely won't be out until september. galaxy s2 is out where now??

i want sprint to still market a galaxy s2 followup to the epic with a physical qwerty keyboard but please build it out of something more rugged. the plastic at the ends of the slider rails of epic4g is breaking apart. and when are they upgrading the screen resolution? i'd rather have higher resolution than same resolution on a bigger screen. i don't see the benefit of super amoled plus.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]chfireball[/nom]Yes i am starting to think most android users are in the 10 to 14 age group.[/citation]

Exactly. Why so much hate? Droid is in the Dark Side or something? Main fault with Droid is tons of business related issues with Exchange email and short battery life. Both of which iPhone does very well with. GUI is all user preference so have at it.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]chfireball[/nom]Yes i am starting to think most android users are in the 10 to 14 age group.[/citation]
[citation][nom]maestintaolius[/nom]Wow, haters gonna hate.[/citation]
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Exactly. Why so much hate? Droid is in the Dark Side or something? Main fault with Droid is tons of business related issues with Exchange email and short battery life. Both of which iPhone does very well with. GUI is all user preference so have at it.[/citation]

You guys have obviously never seen the Apple hate here at Toms.. These articles usually rack up 4 to 5 pages of people just bashing Apple and/or anyone who could ever possible have a nice word to say about Apple..

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]blackened144[/nom]You guys have obviously never seen the Apple hate here at Toms.. These articles usually rack up 4 to 5 pages of people just bashing Apple and/or anyone who could ever possible have a nice word to say about Apple..[/citation]

Exactly. Personally, I think the Anti-iPhone/iPad rants are the best though.. Especially when the alternatives cost as much, if not more.. And perform far, far worse*. Not only that, but I find the hate to be funny as they consistently prove they all are just trollin as they compare apples to oranges(lol), and they complain but don't actually do anything constructive about it. It almost always reeks of childish whining. Possibly a little jealousy.. Who knows.. I personally don't care enough to crawl into the creepy basement-dwelling recesses of the fandroid mind. :) (*Based on my personal list of functions, performance, and misc, that I believe to be the most important areas.)

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]blackened144[/nom]You guys have obviously never seen the Apple hate here at Toms.. These articles usually rack up 4 to 5 pages of people just bashing Apple and/or anyone who could ever possible have a nice word to say about Apple..[/citation]
Yeah and every Android article has a ton of Android hate from the iOS crowd. I just don't understand the need people have to bash the other side constantly (check out the Xoom article a few links down to see my point). And the argument of "timmy did it too!!!" is juvenile. I honestly don't care what phone you use, it isn't 'the best' phone, there's no such thing as 'the best' anything. The only thing it can be is 'the best' to you, that means nothing about what it means to me.

G

@robochump

ahhh yes exchange mail support, if i recall especially models prior to the 3GS which pretended to support encryption of local data but wasn't in fact doing it, made a whole bunch of IT admin folks happy when they found that out

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
[citation][nom]ap3x[/nom]Actually, that has been done already. The Tablet form factor does not work well at all for general purpose computing or advanced computing. Before the IPAD2 came out tablets were running Windows XP, some even ran Windows Vista. Most used a virtual keyboard that appeared in the bottom left and right corners of the screen. Totaly sucked but I had one because I was working with a dev team that was developing applications for Hotels for use on them. They are just horrible, I initially thought it was cool so when the project got scraped I bought one. The thing became a paperweight inside of 2 weeks. It was just useless. Creating a purpose built OS and focusing on a few fundamental application types for use on that form factor was the right thing to do. That form factor just does not work for anything else. One thing I can agree with though, WinMo 7 if done properly would probably be a very nice OS for that form factor. They just need to focus on why people buy tablets..... convenience. Poeple by them because it is basically a convenient computer (that is not a computer) that does a few things REALLLY well instead of trying to be a ultra multipurpose device.[/citation]

The point I meant that is the team that gets it right where u get all the options of a non mobile os, like running flash and java, or installing any program regardless of whether it was written with mouse in mind or not, will have a gem, I see this coming from ms camp for sure, have u seen the demo of windows 8, it's getting there. Why should I compromise on something as ubiquitous as java or flash, on the net, if a rich web experience is your goal? I'm not even asking to run autocad, I mean how do you mess your main point the web' but think big, the os API for GUI control for say windows will be enhanced to present and look and feel different based on whether interaction is with mouse or hand. Like hid file menu all that stuff when no mouse is attached etc ...

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
[citation][nom]scuba dave[/nom]Exactly. Personally, I think the Anti-iPhone/iPad rants are the best though.. Especially when the alternatives cost as much, if not more.. And perform far, far worse*. Not only that, but I find the hate to be funny as they consistently prove they all are just trollin as they compare apples to oranges(lol), and they complain but don't actually do anything constructive about it. It almost always reeks of childish whining. Possibly a little jealousy.. Who knows.. I personally don't care enough to crawl into the creepy basement-dwelling recesses of the fandroid mind. (*Based on my personal list of functions, performance, and misc, that I believe to be the most important areas.)[/citation]

I've used both though, I'm not saying I'm an android fan, I'm saying they both are slacking but iOS more because it can't even offer java and flash.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I like to tease my co-workers that have iPhone, with a small question: "can you listen to music while playing a game?". They answer with "I don't need that" or "have never tried", haha... maybe iPhone can do that, maybe not, I don't know, because I don't have an iPhone. But how iPhone owners defend their device or ""don't need"" some functionality seems childish to my eyes. Android owners admit the drawbacks of their devices and smile upon it, hoping for future improvements with the critical view that is normal in my opinion for most people.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
p.s. also having a smart phone and not knowing or not "caring" about the full potential is typical from what I have seen personally of iPhone users. I don't know whether my observations represent the majority of iPhone users but from what I read in Tom's Hardware, by both sides, seems so :)

Status
Not open for further replies.