Apple's Next Multitasking iOS Leaked on Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Welcome to 2010 apple "innovators"... even samsung which is not known for their UI has a better design for their new SGSII, this looks very basic/outdated...just like the rest of the phone's functions. But I guess thats what they rely on since it's the phone for "the masses" that does not take a technically inclined person to use.

rsg22

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
[citation][nom]happyballz[/nom]Welcome to 2010 apple "innovators"... even samsung which is not known for their UI has a better design for their new SGSII, this looks very basic/outdated...just like the rest of the phone's functions. But I guess thats what they rely on since it's the phone for "the masses" that does not take a technically inclined person to use.[/citation]

It looks better than what they did before - if it's even real.

G

to my knowledge apple dont even have a fab facility or suppliers in Vietnam, how's it the majority of these leaks videos are from Vietnam

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Dude I just bought an Ipad 2, and you know, what, I'm going to become an android fanboy as well, maybe even windows 7 tablet fan, I'm not asking to run basic stuff that I can do on my pc, i.e. flash, java, etc ... basic to web browsing, and so on. After spending 10 minutes with ipad 2 I realized why this mobile os's suck, while they are great for phones, but the productivity level you want for a tablet just isn't there. I promise you, once, windows solidifies a true tablet form of windows 7- android, iOS, etc ... are all done. Windows is successful because it doesn't box you in. At the cost of some battery life and slimness of code, but so what, none of that means anything if The extra time I get with a mobile OS doesn't amount to me getting access to stuff I want to do anyway.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]acadia11[/nom]Dude I just bought an Ipad 2, and you know, what, I'm going to become an android fanboy as well, maybe even windows 7 tablet fan, I'm not asking to run basic stuff that I can do on my pc, i.e. flash, java, etc ... basic to web browsing, and so on. After spending 10 minutes with ipad 2 I realized why this mobile os's suck, while they are great for phones, but the productivity level you want for a tablet just isn't there. I promise you, once, windows solidifies a true tablet form of windows 7- android, iOS, etc ... are all done. Windows is successful because it doesn't box you in. At the cost of some battery life and slimness of code, but so what, none of that means anything if The extra time I get with a mobile OS doesn't amount to me getting access to stuff I want to do anyway.[/citation]

The iPad 2 dominates in the java rendering benchmarks.

G

[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]Judging by all the fanboi comments on the majority of threads most Android users are bellends.[/citation]
You didn't know this?

Sometimes I fear that if I ever converted to Android I'd automatically lose my ability to ever have a mature debate about anything at all in life... forever. Never mind accepting that my chosen mobile OS isn't actually the best thing devised since sliced bread, or that (heaven forbid) normal, intelligent people consciously choose iOS.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I think both iOS and Android work great for phones... but I have to agree with Acadia11 that they are just way to limited for a tablet. If all you want you ever want to do is browse basic websites and play some simple app games then great.

But what if I want to do more? If I want full on support for every web and application standard they just don't cut it. I keep hearing that the computer is on its way out and tablets/phones will rule the world! Last I checked all those cool apps were still programmed on an X86 PC or Mac. I'm going to guess that the engineers who designed the tablet didn't run AutoCAD on their iPad or Xoom either.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]chfireball[/nom]Yes i am starting to think most android users are in the 10 to 14 age group.[/citation]
I'm also starting to think that most iPhone users are in the rich snob group

honestly, what kind of statement is that?

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ikefu[/nom]I think both iOS and Android work great for phones... but I have to agree with Acadia11 that they are just way to limited for a tablet. If all you want you ever want to do is browse basic websites and play some simple app games then great. But what if I want to do more? If I want full on support for every web and application standard they just don't cut it. I keep hearing that the computer is on its way out and tablets/phones will rule the world! Last I checked all those cool apps were still programmed on an X86 PC or Mac. I'm going to guess that the engineers who designed the tablet didn't run AutoCAD on their iPad or Xoom either.[/citation]

Actually, that has been done already. The Tablet form factor does not work well at all for general purpose computing or advanced computing. Before the IPAD2 came out tablets were running Windows XP, some even ran Windows Vista. Most used a virtual keyboard that appeared in the bottom left and right corners of the screen. Totaly sucked but I had one because I was working with a dev team that was developing applications for Hotels for use on them. They are just horrible, I initially thought it was cool so when the project got scraped I bought one. The thing became a paperweight inside of 2 weeks. It was just useless. Creating a purpose built OS and focusing on a few fundamental application types for use on that form factor was the right thing to do. That form factor just does not work for anything else.

One thing I can agree with though, WinMo 7 if done properly would probably be a very nice OS for that form factor. They just need to focus on why people buy tablets..... convenience. Poeple by them because it is basically a convenient computer (that is not a computer) that does a few things REALLLY well instead of trying to be a ultra multipurpose device.

G

Does anyone realize there are Jailbreaking options with iPhone & iPad's? Learn to hax like me and you have the openness and freedom that oh "android" has.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
1. Jailbreaking a IPhone with a application that was already made for you is not hacking. It is called following instructions.
2. Android does not really open up until it is rooted (jailbroken) so their arguments about openness is moot at best. Put it this way, if Android was so flexible and open there would not be a need to root it.

nawat

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
[citation][nom]ap3x[/nom]Put it this way, if Android was so flexible and open there would not be a need to root it.[/citation]
This is for security reason. If it were to run with admin rights all the time, you rely too much on developer's benevolence.

Status
Not open for further replies.