Aptio safe mode how to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Thanks and I have figured it out. And it was I who stated F8 is not an option because it isn't. Only F2 and F12. There is no way to access "Safe Mode" due to the fact the command prompt isn't accessible. To answer questions on this thread (one that I will not return to) maybe you should do a bit more homework or question the device more to gain a better understanding and applications involved. To state that someone doesn't know what they're talking about when clearly you just don't know all of the facts shows nothing but true ignorance. As for the private message it seems you replied just as quick. Take care and study up and update to current tech!!!!
Loading in "Safe Mode" isn't done from the Aptio Setup. It would be done when you restart the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

Alienware99

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017

Please direct all replies or additional questions directly to the thread. :) I do not answer privately asked questions.

If they stated that F8 doesn't work, then they either don't know what they are talking about, or the system you have was set up not to use that key. Which does happen with some companies. But if it was set up like the average device F8 should work.

However, this only works when the device is starting up, not if you are already in BIOS (which is what Aptio is). So if you are trying to use the F8 while on that screen, no it won't work. You would have to shut down and try to enter "Safe Mode" before getting to any other screens.

Is the laptop only going to that screen and won't exit it even on boot?

Alienware99

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017

Alienware99

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
Thanks and I have figured it out. And it was I who stated F8 is not an option because it isn't. Only F2 and F12. There is no way to access "Safe Mode" due to the fact the command prompt isn't accessible. To answer questions on this thread (one that I will not return to) maybe you should do a bit more homework or question the device more to gain a better understanding and applications involved. To state that someone doesn't know what they're talking about when clearly you just don't know all of the facts shows nothing but true ignorance. As for the private message it seems you replied just as quick. Take care and study up and update to current tech!!!!

Solution

AmyInNH

Commendable
Sep 24, 2021
Looking for this answer also, how to get to the BIOS, to try booting in Safe Mode. My Samsung Win 8 touchscreen PC has no attached keyboard, and the only instructions for interrupting boot process for this device is to press Power/Volume Up or Down. These two options sends the PC into Reset/Refresh or into Aptio.

Status
Not open for further replies.