QuestinMarks

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014
i just recently bought a new laptop online
on the website it said that it had a nivdia graphics card

when i checked the specs with speccy i noticed that there were 2 graphics cards

1. Intel HD graphics
2. Nivdia Geforce 720m

my question is, is it beneficial to have 2 graphic cards or can this cause trouble)

(e.g. only the intel hd graphics card is being used)

Solution
Every laptop with an Intel CPU should come with integrated graphics, such as the Intel HD 4000. They work fine, but are not ideal for games, so the laptop is equipped with other GPUs such as the GT 720m , to perform better in games.

I believe that the GPU is active when needed. While surfing the web, you would most probably be using the integrated graphics, but during your intensive games, the GT 720m should be activated

IRONBATMAN

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
Every laptop with an Intel CPU should come with integrated graphics, such as the Intel HD 4000. They work fine, but are not ideal for games, so the laptop is equipped with other GPUs such as the GT 720m , to perform better in games.

I believe that the GPU is active when needed. While surfing the web, you would most probably be using the integrated graphics, but during your intensive games, the GT 720m should be activated

Solution

QuestinMarks

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014

so whenever i use the internet it uses the intel hd and for gaming it immediately uses the nvidia geforce when reconnized, is that it?

also do you know if my nivdia graphics card is good?

Yes that is correct. The gt 720m is not that good so I would really look for another laptop for gaming or a laptop with only integrated gpu fo general tasks to save battery

Bolin

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014

The 720m is pretty weak, it's just slightly better than iris pro graphics 5100. You may want to look for a better GPU if you'd like to do some gaming, otherwise it's better to get a cheaper system with only integrated graphics which will do very good for browsing, movies and general tasks