Are alienware laptops bad?

Aaroon_96

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016
I am looking for a 17 inch laptop and the alienware 17r3 seems nice and not too pricy. I think i will buy it from amazon(US), but i have read some reviews about laptop not booting, or hardware problems so i am not sure if this laptop is right for me.

PS: i live outside the US, so shipping it back or trying to solve things through dell support seems to be a difficult possibility.

Solution
Alienware isn't a bad brand, It's just Dell for gaming. As long as you take care of it and keep it ventilated it shouldn't have any issues. Take breaks during gaming and try to balance quality and performance in your 3D applications. Setting it too high for too long will obviously keep it hotter and cause issues long term

Corey Schneider

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014
Alienware isn't a bad brand, It's just Dell for gaming. As long as you take care of it and keep it ventilated it shouldn't have any issues. Take breaks during gaming and try to balance quality and performance in your 3D applications. Setting it too high for too long will obviously keep it hotter and cause issues long term

Solution

Aaroon_96

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016

Thanks, I really like the brand and I think I can work that

TRENDING THREADS