Are all UEFIs GUI supported?

yugithedestiny2030

Commendable
Jan 29, 2019
I just switched to UEFI but I noticed that it still has the same old BIOS Legacy interface. So, just like the title, are all UEFIS GUI supported? Or is it limited by my graphics specs?

Do you have the MOST recent BIOS version installed for your motherboard? If so, then that is what you are stuck with. Being UEFI has very little to do with the "look" of the BIOS interface and is mostly relevant only to the hardware level support for UEFI partitions and firmware support. On laptops, even more so. They can only use X amount of data to flesh out the interface and using fancy graphics takes up space on the BIOS ROM that might be needed for adding support for other things like firmware, hardware, CPU microcode, additional options, etc.

It has nothing to do with your graphics adapter.

yugithedestiny2030

Commendable
Jan 29, 2019

I'm quite sure it's not the latest version since it's Insyde Corp. V 1.40 from 2014 but I've been looking up for the last hour or so for a compatible update so I don't lose my board but nothing yet. And yeah I understand it's not just about the interface, in fact there's a noticeable boot time difference now. But I was just wondering, you know, since all the devices I've seen using UEFI have that distinguishable GUI interface.

There may not BE a newer version. You probably would need to contact tech support at the manufacturer's website to find out. Laptops are not like desktops and the hardware doesn't really change, so changes to the BIOS are uncommon, but do occasionally happen.

yugithedestiny2030

Commendable
Jan 29, 2019

Okay, thanks!