Are LG OLED TVs Worth Buying?

Nov 10, 2018
I would be weary of spending this kind of money.

Concerns -

Early screen burn in and warranty doesn't cover.
Sound and video on my set doesn't match. Application to correct doesn't fix. Not a secret, many complaints on net.
LG Customer Service questionable.
Remote buttons don't alaways take.

Does have a great picture....no doubt.

Nov 10, 2018
Even with the discount, do you want to throw away that money for burn in and the other problems mentioned by Ross?
OLED is dying.
Don't waste your money.

Nov 10, 2018
They are definitely not worth buying since they are very prone to burn in. I bought my oled lg less than 3 years ago and it got its burn in few months ago. I've got in touch with LG and they told me that the only option is to replace the screen and it cost 80% of the price of TV and they also suggested to get a new one. This is so irresponsable considering that I paid over 4000€! I will never buy their products and don't recommend you to buy their crap too. Actually the reason why Samsung doesn't develop big OLED screens, because they realized that big OLED screens are prone to burn in. If you want a very expensive TV that last a couple of years buy Oled tv.

Aug 8, 2018
My 70 year old eyes find OLED quite dim compared to LED. Micro LED is coming and I'm waiting. But for those that can't wait, Costco has the 65" C8 for $2700 or so. Just put it in a dark room. My next set will be 75-82" which is now common in LED. And don't be fooled. The hardware is way ahead of the software. The problem is bandwidth on cable and satellite. Could be years for that to be solved. In the meantime, enjoy watching 480 line resolution programs on your 4K TV.

And don't forget once u got the 4K TV, now you have to upgrade the cables, upgrade the receiver, upgrade the BR player, money, money, money. :(