are metabox laptops good quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

yologh0st

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
hey guys just wondering if metabox laptops are good quality and are they worth it just the price seems a little low compaired to other laptops that have less performance the metabox laptop i was going to get is the Alpha N850HK which comes out tomorrow just wondering cheers guys

Solution
If you like Sager/Clevo machines, you should be OK with Metabox. Metabox, based in Perth, Australia, and owned by ITC Mobile Computing, is a boutique brand offering ostensibly high-end gaming laptops and workstations. The pricing for the N580HK may reflect the fact that:

a) It's simply a re-badged Clevo laptop, and
b) The Alpha series is Metabox's entry-level gaming line. If you look at the Prime and Prime X series, prices are rather higher.

Other Sager/Clevo-based brands include CyberpowerPC, MSI, XMG (and Aorus), and Puget Systems. Those are the ones I know about, but the list may include several other well-known brands.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.
If you like Sager/Clevo machines, you should be OK with Metabox. Metabox, based in Perth, Australia, and owned by ITC Mobile Computing, is a boutique brand offering ostensibly high-end gaming laptops and workstations. The pricing for the N580HK may reflect the fact that:

a) It's simply a re-badged Clevo laptop, and
b) The Alpha series is Metabox's entry-level gaming line. If you look at the Prime and Prime X series, prices are rather higher.

Other Sager/Clevo-based brands include CyberpowerPC, MSI, XMG (and Aorus), and Puget Systems. Those are the ones I know about, but the list may include several other well-known brands.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Solution

konan4heather

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
I have Metabox Prime-X P775DM2-G, a heavy super-fast machine with the best processor ever, in my opinion, - i7-7700K@4.2Ghz. After 3 months since the purchase I can say: - absolutely no problems, absolutely no issues whatsoever. The system is able to handle 100% CPU and/or GPU loads for hours without any overheating. For some people fans may be noisy, so I wouldn't take this monster to a quiet lecture room or something like that. The company is very responsive to emails, and was able to help on many occasions. Lately they provided me with a personal assistance fixing one of the infamous Intel vulnerabilities. 100% would do it again. Great to have a laptop without paying for OS or a famous brand.

Aug 11, 2018
Bought a Metabobox P170EM six and a half years ago. I had to replace the battery and the SSD early this year. Apart from that, it hasn't missed a beat. I use it with AutoCAD Civil 3D, and it is has spent its life on construction sites. Still has the best screen and when running benchmarks still way outperforms any laptops offered by my company, processor 2.5 times quicker and graphics card faster by a factor of 6, even after all these years.

Oct 4, 2018

I have a Metabox and its nothing but trouble, we have an issue with the keyboard, now there is an issue with the actual computer it will not turn on. We have pulled apart the computer as advised by Metabox and its still wont turn on.

I use this computer for work, now they are requesting to have the machine sent back to perth, its been days since they have requested this, they are organising the courier and its still hasn't been collected. Im a Freelancer and still without a computer. the customer service and computer leaves a lot to be desired! Do not go near these computers is my advise!

Status
Not open for further replies.