are my laptop temperatures high?

Jun 29, 2018
I bought new laptop (inspiron 7577) and the temps when gaming are high. it's summer and temperature outside is always between 25C (77F) and 31 (89F)
in Gta V, Cpu temps reach 80-90C (194F) and in less demanding games around 75C-80C
is it normal for the laptop to have such temps?
I use exterior fans to cool it and I keep cooling the room every now and then using the AC. But I am really worried about the high temperatures. Is it normal

Solution
It's a high temp but normal for laptop CPU's as they have higher thermals then desktops. Just make sure the laptop is dust free and your gaming on a hard/flat surface for air move throughout the system.

And yes you can keep using it as is.

I had a older Gateway FX laptop from 2003 and would game heavily on it daily, it ran very hot (80-90C) and I sold it to a friend for his son a few years ago and it's still going strong till this day.

zyh1987

Proper
Mar 16, 2018
the temperature is normal or laptop.

there is nothing much you can do, cooling pad help some what, but there is very little airflow within the laptop case to effectively cool it.

Jun 29, 2018

That means I can keep using it without worrying?

WildCard999

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
It's a high temp but normal for laptop CPU's as they have higher thermals then desktops. Just make sure the laptop is dust free and your gaming on a hard/flat surface for air move throughout the system.

And yes you can keep using it as is.

I had a older Gateway FX laptop from 2003 and would game heavily on it daily, it ran very hot (80-90C) and I sold it to a friend for his son a few years ago and it's still going strong till this day.

Solution

zyh1987

Proper
Mar 16, 2018
if you are reaching 95C or above, then you would want to do something.

for now, 80-90 is fine.

another thing you can do, is that download msi afterburner and intel xtu (if you are using intel),

depends on your hardware, you should be able to under volt the CPU and GPU.

your fps will drop, so you have to experiment to find the best for your scenario.