Are refurbished MacBooks a safe bet?

Forever Oleg

Estimable
Jul 15, 2015
I've recently gotten a $700 award for a new laptop and decided to buy a Macbook.

Since MacBook Air is the cheapest one available at a whooping $1000, the refurbished MacBook Pros such as this one (https://www.apple.com/shop/product/FF839LL/A/refurbished-133-inch-macbook-pro-27ghz-dual-core-intel-i5-with-retina-display) seem very attractive.

Did anyone have experience with refurbished Apple products or simply have an advice on the situation?

I will be using it for long periods of time for work/school as well as EXTREMELY light gaming.

Thank you.

Solution
A refurb macbook with a dual core 2.7ghz i5 and 8gb of ram for 929 dollars? Thats absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. But ridiculous pricing aside, I wouldn't worry about a refrub macbook from apple it will likely be in good working order. If its not you have 6 days to return it for a refund and and one year limited warranty.

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014
A refurb macbook with a dual core 2.7ghz i5 and 8gb of ram for 929 dollars? Thats absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. But ridiculous pricing aside, I wouldn't worry about a refrub macbook from apple it will likely be in good working order. If its not you have 6 days to return it for a refund and and one year limited warranty.

Solution

Forever Oleg

Estimable
Jul 15, 2015

Yes, it's ridiculous, but it's a Macbook. I gotta try a new thing sometime haha, especially when I'm currently using a 2 year old $300 laptop from Acer.

VJ_Gamer

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

Refurbished macbook is good to go for, if you have a short in your budget. They provide you with the warranty and i don't think so there will be any issue with it as it will be tested by the apple service.