Are these safe to disable?

NoelsTech

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017
Hi, so i have some MSI utilities that i don't know if are safe to disable at startup and i know what they kind of do like overclocking but i don't overclock at all. So are these safe to disable?

Msi Super charger
LIve Update 6
MSI StartFastBoot

So which are safe to disable?

Solution
Super Charger is software to increase power to specific USB3 connections for faster charging of devices like an iPad.

You can Google the others but they probably aren't needed, but also probably aren't hurting anything either.

Don't disable as said above, just UNINSTALL. You can always install them back later if needed.

The only motherboard software I use is for FAN CONTROL.
Super Charger is software to increase power to specific USB3 connections for faster charging of devices like an iPad.

You can Google the others but they probably aren't needed, but also probably aren't hurting anything either.

Don't disable as said above, just UNINSTALL. You can always install them back later if needed.

The only motherboard software I use is for FAN CONTROL.

Solution

aquielisunari

Distinguished

They are all safe to disable.
Live update is considered safe but the past couple incarnations haven't been accepted all that well.
StartFastBoot increased my boot times.
If you have something like an iPad MSI Super Charger may be worth a look.

I don't see MSI Command Center listed. I have a MSI 97 board and have that one too and an older version of Live Update. MSI Command Center can also be safely disabled but it can be very helpful so it isn't something I recommend uninstalling or removing from your start-up list. It can be used to OC but it also has a lot of other uses.

I use Ccleaner to manage which programs start when Windows does. At times I may use msconfig.

NoelsTech

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017

Wait is fastboot useless if i don't have it turned on? can i uninstall?

aquielisunari

Distinguished

Yes and yes.