Artist Uses Floppy Disks to Create Paintings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micropat

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
The only practical use I have for floppies in this day and age is as an eye shield for looking that solar events like eclipses. I actually keep one for such rare occasions.

G

Hey I just did an awesome painting on a bunch of dried turds... Just because someone does something in a slightly unconventional way doesn't mean it's good. There are thousands of obsolete/waste products that could be used in place of canvas. So what?

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
At least this one looks like it actually took some talent. Some of these so called artists (who get government grants) are nothing but crazy hacks and should be run out of town. I still get angry when I read about the piece of human crap who placed a crucifix upside down in a jar of urine and called it artwork.

G

Really the question to be asked is....how many floppies does it take to store Crysis?

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
I still have my IBM floppy disks from 1984 containing DOS 2.1.1 and IBM's original Writing Assitant word processing program. You could type a document up to 20 pages in length. Function keys were very limited but it did come with a spell checker.

dyrcosis

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]I still get angry when I read about the piece of human crap who placed a crucifix upside down in a jar of urine and called it artwork.[/citation]

Personally, I like that it pissed so many people off. As for the floppy art, I think it's rather creative. The "eye", though, is a tad disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.