Asian iPad Knockoff Runs Full Windows 7

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]nukem950[/nom]And yet it is still more capable than an I-pad...[/citation]
yes for 2.5 the price of Ipod... stop being a spoiled brat

HVDynamo

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
Kind of cool, not interested though, my money is better spent elsewhere. What really gets me though it the optional CD drive... no DVD reads even in today's day in age, wtf. I didn't know that straight CD drives were even made anymore.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I once made an iPad knockoff. Before the iPad came out. Before the iPad was announced. And the screen is seperated from the computer. And there's an external keyboard. It also requires to be plugged in. It can run Crysis.

dreamphantom_1977

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
if it had a better cpu and a decent graphics chip I'd buy it for that price. I think a windows 7 "ipad" clone is a great idea. At least then I could run most of my apps that I run on my main desktop pc, or network it together and run remote desktop. A few things that would be cool would be an add on analog thumbstick and a few buttons on the right side so you could game with it.

dickcruz

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
[citation][nom]HVdynamo[/nom]Kind of cool, not interested though, my money is better spent elsewhere. What really gets me though it the optional CD drive... no DVD reads even in today's day in age, wtf. I didn't know that straight CD drives were even made anymore.[/citation]

the CD drive is for liability. I.E. the drive will stop working at some point.

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Ok, so the base product comes with no CD-ROM Drive and no OS? How is the basic consumer going to use this product?

I agree with a previous user, get a laptop or netbook.

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
iPad has a better price, can play games, comes with an OS, has a 3G option, and still costs less than this. Though USB ports sound nice, this is just a keyboard-less netbook that cost as much as an upper-mid-range laptop.

Why can't they charge the OEM price of Windows 7? I bought the Home Premium OEM full version for $100 off of NewEgg just last week, and that was the normal price!

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
The author is a retard, he never saw a tablet before. Tablets have been in production since xp tablet version ~2005 days. Vista has tablet features pretty integrated, and windows 7 will just have better support.

I know a website to download the tablet version tools so that xp home version will work fine ;) That is what I did on my netbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.