Solved! Aspire 4937G Sudden Shutdown(After Cleaning)

darkevin

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
I have a Acer Aspire 4937G for about two years.

Since lately i felt my laptop getting hot so i opened it up and cleaned the heatsink and cooler.

I did this cleaning process once in a few months whenever it's getting too hot cause' of the dust that accumulates inside it.

My previous cleaning result was fine, everything runs smoothly again as it should but this time my laptop starts to shutdown suddenly whenever i played games(as if i plugged out the power), any games from counter strike 1.6 to World of Warcraft to the SeriousSam in Chrome browser would cause this problem. Every time i started the game not 1-5mins then it just shutsdown.

Apart from games, i even have difficulties watching movies in WMP while having Chrome runing a few tabs.

I've tried assembling and reassembling my laptop a couple more times while following the service manual to ensure no errors but still the problem persists.

I even run a few memory test passes on my RAM to see whether if i've accidentally zapped my RAM when i'm taking apart my laptop but no errors were detected.

Is this an OS problem? Do i have to reformat? Is it because of overheating?

My laptop has a Nvidia Geforce G105M - 512mb graphics card

Thanks.