Aspire - Acer sound system issues, headphones and speakers

acompletenerd

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014
I have a Aspire ES1-572 with Windows 10. The sound from my computer is only coming from my headphones, even when the headphones are unplugged, meaning when unplugged I hear nothing despite the sound system displaying as working. I tried restarting. I tried using the trouble shooter, which said it reinstalled the drive. Help please! I don't want to have to use headphones all the time.

Solution
1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Make sure you are on the "Playback" tab.
4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and follow the prompts. (Be sure you also click the "Test" button.)
6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

NOTE: If they don't show in there, right click on the white background of that window and make sure both "Show disabled devices" and "Show disconnected devices" is checked.

Should none of that work, right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar and then click "Open Volume Mixer". Make sure that the...
1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Make sure you are on the "Playback" tab.
4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and follow the prompts. (Be sure you also click the "Test" button.)
6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

NOTE: If they don't show in there, right click on the white background of that window and make sure both "Show disabled devices" and "Show disconnected devices" is checked.

Should none of that work, right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar and then click "Open Volume Mixer". Make sure that the speakers aren't muted there.

If, after all this, they still don't work, then it may well be that the speakers themselves are the problem.

Solution