Solved! Aspire E 15. Windows 10 Cannot enter PIN .. unresponsive to keyboard entry

Mar 27, 2019
On power up the Wallpaper Screen appears with time and date on lower LHS and Power and Internet icon on lower RHS. If I click on lower RHS the EASE OF ACCESS icon appears as does the USER icon and PIN box (date and time disappear). But then I cannot enter my PIN because the computer is unresponsive to keyboard entries. Is there an obvious solution to activate the keyboard to allow thee PIN to be entered, or at last resort how do you get into your computer in this situation?

Solution
Try starting up the computer in "Safe Mode" and see if it loads correctly. If it does, then you know the problem is software. A bad program, virus, malware, etc. You would then need to check the system for anything on it. I would suggest, if it does load fine in "Safe Mode" that you run "System Restore" and choose a restore point prior to the problem to restore it to. Then, once you can get back into Windows normally, run good deep virus, malware, etc., scans using a few scanning programs.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode"...
Try starting up the computer in "Safe Mode" and see if it loads correctly. If it does, then you know the problem is software. A bad program, virus, malware, etc. You would then need to check the system for anything on it. I would suggest, if it does load fine in "Safe Mode" that you run "System Restore" and choose a restore point prior to the problem to restore it to. Then, once you can get back into Windows normally, run good deep virus, malware, etc., scans using a few scanning programs.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

Solution