aspire one D255E restore issue

Simon_124

Prominent
May 5, 2017
So I bought this little notebook off a friend. I wanted to restore it back to factory settings so I could start it from fresh. I used googdle to find out how to restore it, and apparently the way to do it was, "shut down, turn on and immediately hold alt whilst tapping F10". this should bring up options for a restore. Well it kinda did, it brought up Samsung recovery solution 3. So I went with it (thinking this must be the right way). I went for the 'complete restore', as that is what I wanted when I read the information. Then I popped up with an error message............."the selected restore image is not compatible with this computer, if you restore this computer with this restore image, this computer will not operate properly". so of course I clicked cancel.
There is no other options to do anything else, so I exited the SRS3 window and the computer shuts down automatically. I now turn it back on, leave it to start up, and it just pops up with the Samsung recovery solution window again, and I now cant do anything.
Ive tried loads of things, attempting to enable and disable things.....F2, F4, F8, F12, ALT+F10. Nothing is letting me start the computer normally.
HELP please, I'm losing my mind!!!

Simon_124

Prominent
May 5, 2017

hi, thanks for the reply.
It is windows 7. It hasn't got a disk drive, nor can I even get onto the desktop to do any downloading or reinstalling. Is there any sort of sequence on the keyboard during startup, to maybe access the computer normally, or restore it using something other than SRS3? maybe, I'm not sure.

Simon_124

Prominent
May 5, 2017

Yes, another gentleman just said the same thing on another forum. So I need to put windows iso onto the USB stick from another computer? then put it into the 'said' computer, start up and it will auto read the usb stick right away? then of course follow instructions to reinstall?
is that right? sorry, I'm new to this computer business!!!