Astro A40 w/ mix amp. no sound, help what might be the problem

LeonelFreak

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
so maybe an hour ago 11/30/2014 11:20PM i placed my headset down then accidentally tripped over it. it wasn't a big tug i think i just got tangled on it and pulled the cable from the headphone(its detachable of you look up what it looks like). i came back(after getting my milk and cookies lol) then plugged it back in and now there is no sound. this has happened to be a few times and i didn't think anything would happen but now it just wont work. i tried connecting it to another device to see if it would play anything but no sound again. does anything know what might have happened? because everything looks perfectly fine to me and its a 230-260 dollar headset and i would need to pay 100 to get it fixed(no warranty I've had it for a few years already). would it might have been the cable that broke or the headset itself that messed up? because im just bummed out right now because 3 hours before that happened my older brother went back into the army and i was trying to cheer myself up by playing video games and now its just a real bummer and crapped out because i don't have any other speakers since my monitor doesn't have speakers. so everything is just really quiet in my room. any help would be strongly recommended please

google image of cables: http://tinyurl.com/p8o3utf
website link to headset: http://tinyurl.com/k4c5n8u

zink1701

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
I had same problem with my PX22's, If you are carefull you can remove the foam covers on the headset then the plastic on the speaker side should come off. It will either be screwed in or clipped on but it will come off. More than likely it will be the side where the cable goes into the heaset and will have come off the soldered joint on the speaker or board (if there is a board). Solder it back on, it sounds hard to do but its patience is key when soldering. If the cable is broken inside the headset you will neet to burn each end first with the soldering iron brfore you tin the wires, then solder back together. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube if you asre unsure. Buy a cheap iron for this.

LeonelFreak

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013

any videos you can link me? so far i've taken off the foam covers and the plastic parts but the 3rd layer seems to be really stuck on there. like i can pull it a little but its pretty tight on

LeonelFreak

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013

i still got nothing xD opened it and no cables broken :/ and nobody has the same headset so i can try to see if something is wrong with mines. so the struggles are real