Asus a555l not booting

Adrianvz

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
Ok so I have an Asus a555la-xx378h laptop. It came built in with Windows 8 but I upgraded to Windows 10. Created a document in ms word last nothing funny shut down the laptop and when I tried to switch it on the asus logo shows for not even a second and then a lighted blackscreen. So this is what I've tried. Tried to access the bios the asus way is hold f2 then switch on and hold f2 till the bios screen appear. Didn't work. Tried every possible combination keys that the internet provided couldn't boot into bios. Opened up the laptop took out the hard drive and plugged it into a pc. It booted into windows no problem. Tried resetting bios on laptop by removing laptop battery holding in power key tried this a couple of times with various time variations. Then with the battery out switched it on still asus screen pops up for a second and then blackness. Tried this whilst hard drive connected and disconnected. The hard drive actually gets power the cooling fans go on the dvd drive starts working when I put a dvd in but pc nothing happens except black screen. Can't boot from bootable disk or usb. Popped in pc's ssd same thing. I can't get into the bios and I can't get into windows. Tried attaching vga screen nothing doesn't even detect it. Tried hdmi to tv doesn't detect it. Basically comes down to 2 things corrupt bios or hardware. Also removed extra ram and dvd drive still nothing. Any help would be great. Had the laptop for a year and it worked perfectly. Don't have money for new one or repairs. Please help.

Solution
Sorry about that, are you still within the warranty? Seems you could be right it does sound close to a hardware related issue and you did pretty much most of the preliminary steps to troubleshoot. ASUS will run a free diagnostic for you if you send it in.

http://www.asus.com/us/support/

You can fill out an online RMA for your repair.

ASUSCustomerLoyalty

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
Try pressing the F9 button upon boot up to enter recovery options.
Go into “troubleshoot”
Then “refresh your PC”
You will also have “advanced options” and there are tools such as “system restore and automatic repair” you may try.
If you don’t have any important data you can always reset your unit back to factory settings as well in the same menu.

Adrianvz

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016

Hi like stated I've tried all the function keys. Fast boot and secure boot is enabled I think. Nothing appears after Asus logo just a black backlit screen. I can't boot into bios, recovery or boot loader options. So can't boot from USB or DVD. It is stuck.

ASUSCustomerLoyalty

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
Sorry about that, are you still within the warranty? Seems you could be right it does sound close to a hardware related issue and you did pretty much most of the preliminary steps to troubleshoot. ASUS will run a free diagnostic for you if you send it in.

http://www.asus.com/us/support/

You can fill out an online RMA for your repair.

Solution

Adrianvz

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016